North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

3rd annual Walk for Childhood Apraxia of Speech

Old 03-22-2014, 10:56 PM

3rd annual Walk for Childhood Apraxia of Speech

My wife and I have begun planning the 3rd Annual benefit walk for Childhood Apraxia of Speech in Lowville, NY tentatively scheduled for August 9th. Our walk was started as a benefit when our grandson was diagnosed with Childhood Apraxia of Speech. After planning our first walk, we met several other families in our area who have children that are affected by Apraxia of Speech as well. Funds raised for the walk are used to help research about Apraxia and to help in providing learning tools for the children afflicted with Apraxia. Last year's walk results were double the amount from our first in both members involved and funds raised and we are hoping to increase again this year.

If you are in our area and can attend we would be thrilled and honored to have you join us. Our grandson, Wyatt (5 years old), is a car fanatic already and would LOVE it if we could add a showing of cars to our walk as well. Maybe even assemble for a little cruise afterward?? If you would like to attend, let me know and I will assist with information and directions.

I will post more info as soon as I have it, we will have a website for people to
register and or donate to the walk. If you are curious about Apraxia, you can visit: http://www.apraxia-kids.org/

Thank you all for checking this out and hopefully joining us.

Last edited by wolfehhr; 03-31-2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Rescheduled Walk Date
Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 AM

We are now officially scheduled and our website is active. This year is our 3rd Annual Walk for Childhood Apraxia of Speech in Lowville. Our grandson Wyatt was diagnosed with Apraxia and has struggled to learn to communicate. After being diagnosed with thanks to help from speech therapists and doctors he is learning and improving every day. Please come join us in Lowville on August 9th to support and to raise awareness for Childhood Apraxia of Speech! If you can't make it to the walk you can still make a donation if you wish. Visit our website for more information.
http://secure.apraxia-kids.org/faf/h...ievent=1108863
Old 04-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member

Good Luck with your event. I hope it will be highly successful.

Having been a 5k race director in the past, I know 1st hand the amount of planning and logistics that are involved to put on such an event.
Hopefully, your goals will exceed the previous years totals again.