North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Tonawanda Engine Plant Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:12 PM

Smile Tonawanda Engine Plant Car Show

I had a long talk with Donna from Tri Five car club. This is the Club that hosts the Tonawanda GM Engine Plant car show.
What she told me was a bit up setting, the show is on HOLD as of right now because of GM closing down for 9 weeks ?? I will post any news I hear down the road ??????
BlackHHR06
Old 04-27-2009, 05:26 AM

It has been reported that the Tonawanda plant will not be shut down for 9 weeks this summer. The production schedules are being altered to meet demand. They are still doing PPAP work and 2010 MY work. I have seen a few 2010 L850 engines in the plant already. I am also in NT, Wurlitzer Park.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:08 PM

Smile Tonawanda Engin Plant Show

Hody Lenny, what color HHR you driving around town ??Any special marking's ??

Ok, on the show, all I know is what Donna told me after the club's meeting with the advertizing people at the plant??
Old 04-28-2009, 06:00 AM

It's a Cardinal Red 09 LT. I will ask Peggy about this the next time I see her. get the
Old 04-28-2009, 07:25 PM

Smile Tonawanda Engine Plant Car Show

I have might have seen it around town ??
I have the black 06 with the gold & red pin striped HHR
Brian
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 PM

R I P Sad News To Report

I was out and about tonight at a local cruise and got to talking with Donna from Tri Five Car Club. As I have mentioned she is there Prez. she is also the club chairperson for the Tonawanda Engine Car Show.

She told me there was a meeting with someone fron Corperate GM, Plant peopl and the club and they were told there is not going to be a car show this year.

Now on a brighter note, does any one have any ideas for us to either cruise to or a show ?? Or do you want me to look for a Saturday night car cruise maybe in the Rochester area.
I have a list of Buffalo cruises but maybe someone might be able to send me one from Rochester area. I have heard that The Street Rod's of Rochester put one out but till now I have not been able to get a mailing address for them. I just did a Google search and came up empty handed ??
Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 AM

How about a trip to the race track at Watkins Glen? They have a Sunday track ride!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06
I was out and about tonight at a local cruise and got to talking with Donna from Tri Five Car Club. As I have mentioned she is there Prez. she is also the club chairperson for the Tonawanda Engine Car Show.

She told me there was a meeting with someone fron Corperate GM, Plant peopl and the club and they were told there is not going to be a car show this year.

Now on a brighter note, does any one have any ideas for us to either cruise to or a show ?? Or do you want me to look for a Saturday night car cruise maybe in the Rochester area.
I have a list of Buffalo cruises but maybe someone might be able to send me one from Rochester area. I have heard that The Street Rod's of Rochester put one out but till now I have not been able to get a mailing address for them. I just did a Google search and came up empty handed ??
Check the listings of cruises and shows at http://www.rodandpiston.com
Old 06-01-2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06

I have an entry form at home for the Seneca Street Car Show in August. Cheaper to enter than GMPT ($8 for pre-registry, $15 at the door), and the cars line up on Seneca Street from about Southside Pkwy to the West Seneca city limit. I entered last year and got a trophy, but I also competed in a four-car class. We could inundate the show with HHR's, make it our own personal GMPT Show.

Also, Red Robin in Amherst does a cruise every other Monday, and the Texas Roadhouse on Young St. in Tonawanda does a cruise every other Tuesday.

I'd love to get as much cruise time as possible with you guys, considering this might be my last summer in the area (Stacey got a job offer in Texas).
Old 06-01-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
I'd love to get as much cruise time as possible with you guys, considering this might be my last summer in the area (Stacey got a job offer in Texas).
Good for her! I wish the both of you the best of luck. Today at the plant it was announced that the 3.9 engine will be moved to Mexico. Last day of production is scheduled for this Friday 06/05/2009. Another 200 hourly people will be let go after this week.

Quick Reply: Tonawanda Engine Plant Car Show