North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Tonawanda Engine Plant Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Smile Texas Move

Good luck Stacy, you better get out of NY as fast as you can...

We'll all miss the two of you.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
I have an entry form at home for the Seneca Street Car Show in August. Cheaper to enter than GMPT ($8 for pre-registry, $15 at the door), and the cars line up on Seneca Street from about Southside Pkwy to the West Seneca city limit. I entered last year and got a trophy, but I also competed in a four-car class. We could inundate the show with HHR's, make it our own personal GMPT Show.

Also, Red Robin in Amherst does a cruise every other Monday, and the Texas Roadhouse on Young St. in Tonawanda does a cruise every other Tuesday.

I'd love to get as much cruise time as possible with you guys, considering this might be my last summer in the area (Stacey got a job offer in Texas).
Don, I hate to think of you guys leaving our area... but I guess that's what this economy is bringing. You'll both be missed but will always be welcomed back to join our happy little crew at future events (even if it might be in a rental HHR!)

Fellow WNY HHR'ers...I make a motion that we make the Seneca Street Car Show our maximum effort event to both take the place of the defunct GMPT show and also to show our support for our notorious ringleader, Desert Coyote.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 AM

Thanks, guys.

It's not quite a done deal yet, she has two other places showing interest (BAE Systems in York, PA and Dunlop in Buffalo), but right now Texas is looking like the best offer thus far. We're looking into how the logistics of the move would work for us, as far as selling the house, whatever I'm doing with school, and so on.

The Seneca Street show is on August 9th, they start staging cars at 9am and give out trophies at around 4. The entry fee is $8 for pre-registry and $12 the day of the show (they only allow entry until noon the day of), and the show takes up Seneca Street from Cazenovia to Mineral Springs. It's an all-makes show which includes motorcycles and some unusual entries (one trophy-winner last year was a Peterbilt semi tractor).

If we wanted to do it, I would suggest as the best meeting point my old workplace, CARQUEST on the corner of Seneca and Bailey. If we meet at around 9:30 or so, the store won't be open yet so the parking lot should be empty. Oh yeah, and it's a rain-or-shine event.

If y'all seriously want to do this show in place of GMPT, I'll start up another thread to gauge interest.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:01 PM

Hey guy's, I just stumbled upon this thread.
Been down south for the past month (Huntsville Alabama) With daughter and family. We have a new granddaughter in the family.
Brought the two oldest granddaughters back with us.
Unfortunately we will have to miss the show. Taking he granddaughters back first part of August.
Would like to do a cruize night before the summer is over.
All the best to Don and Stacey where ever you end up. Our GTG just won't be the same without you two.