North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Western NY

Old 02-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Banned

Western NY

I noticed fastsuv said they are from around Buffalo and Kodak Jack is from Rochester like myself. Any other Western NY members other than us?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:10 AM

Captain Howdy....I'm here is the Southern Tier - Elmira to be exact. I get to Rochester quite a bit on business.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:45 AM

Tonawanda.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:56 AM

Captain you got something in the works on putting togeather a meet? if so I will drive from Albany area to do this. I still wanna do a Lake George run wit a few of us. Let me know whats up.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned

I was just thinking the same thing myself. For some reason it seems like us northeast people don't want to meet up? Anytime we seem to show interest for some reason it falls apart. Albany would be cool or a weekend at Lake George. It seems like we have more New Yorkers now so maybe we can follow through this time.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:19 PM

Yeah I agree. I saw a orange HHR runnin around near me as soon as i got time and i see him again i am gonna talk with him and get him on here. He beeps and waves its cool. So maybe we can get him into a meet with a few of us. I am not the best at putting meets up. Heck i am happy to just have every one meet up in Albany and run to my house for a BBQ and swimmin in my pool. Putting to geather a weekend thing in Lake George would be awsome but hard to do. Some people dont like to camp but there are ALOT of hotels and cabins around. Lets get this thing going lol
Old 07-28-2006, 08:21 AM

Just as a suggestion ... I like the idea of getting together, but because of a prohibitive work schedule I most likely wouldn't be able to attend. But as a possibility for future years ...

My wife works at GM Tonawanda Powertrain as an engineer. Every year around the end of July they hold a car show on the plant's front door. Seeing as how every HHR engine originates from this plant, maybe the WNY/Northern Pennsylvania crowd could crash this show one of these years? I mean, I know it would probably mean a lot to the guys working there to see a fleet of their products returning to the spawning grounds. This idea was tried about a month back when a Corvair club toured the plant (the Corvair engines were built there, and the club guys viewed the plant as being just short of Mecca.).

Probably wouldn't be able to do it this year, as the show is tomorrow ... but maybe in the future?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
Probably wouldn't be able to do it this year, as the show is tomorrow ... but maybe in the future?
I like the idea. Is it open to all years of cars?
Old 07-28-2006, 09:06 AM

Best of my knowledge, it's open to all years, and as I recall there was a judging category for 1990-present. The last time I went was a rainy day but the cars ranged from mid-50's Chevys to an '03 Corvette. The local car dealers also display new model year cars at this show in an expo area.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:05 AM

lockport ny.... no hhr yet i am gona order an 07... none of these damned dealers has one with side airbags... anyway im kinda set on white... or the new blue..,. havent seen it yet... or the golden teal....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Western NY