North Mountain MT, ID, WY

Buick Dealers in Montana - Great Falls

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:15 PM

Buick Dealers in Montana - Great Falls

Howdy,

I'd like to know if anyone knows of any dealers and/or sales associates at GM/Buick dealerships in Great Falls, Montana. I would also consider Helena.

I'm interested in purchasing an Enclave and would like to find out what sort of cash pricing and incentives I could get.

I'm going to import this into Canada and because the price differential between purchasing in Canada and the US is just over $15,000 and the dollars are almost a parity I figure why not pay a few thousand in fees and transport and save about $10,000 or so.

Any information or contacts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

calgary.....

do you mean incentives other than from the Manufacturer? I believe the Enclave is a new model for 08', so staying with GM's historical thinking, I doubt if GM/Buick will offer any significant incentives for a little while.

The dealer offer, is something entirely different....if they have the vehicle.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:37 PM

Snoopy, yeah I'm basically trying to figure what I should expect from a dealer, specifically with a cash transaction.

I know I won't be able to get any great deals with respect to financing because I am purchasing as a Canadian. I've heard that some dealers will really knock down the price when paying in cash whereas others will not provide significant deals.

When I was talking to a dealer last month up here GM was offering 4.9% on a 3 year lease, which even shocked the sales person.

I'm just trying to get some ideas of who I should try to deal with because I don't have the luxury of going to various dealers and shopping around in person. It seems like email doesn't really get the job done, effectively, with sales folks either.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Platinum Member

That's not bad (better than some). Employee financing is 5.9% on the Enclave, with a bout $500 down......36 months.

Good Luck
Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 PM

That lease rate is really good especially on a new model of full size SUV.

What really hurts is the almost $15,000 price difference between picking one up in Canada versus the US.

Price from my local dealer on a loaded Enclave (minus DVD/Nav) was $56,000, price from buick.com when I built a full loaded with all options including DVD/Nav was about $45,000.

With the Canadian dollar at about 98 cents and expected to reach parity with the American dollar within a few months buying down the US provides such an advantages to us Canadians.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 PM

Not looking good

Well, after talking to my local dealer and the folks at the GM Canada customer service number I'm starting to get a little put off.

I was told that dealers in the US are not supposed to sell brand new vehicles to non-US citizens, not sure if that is the case or not and if this is actually followed. If I can get the title and sale then there's nothing that can be done to stop me from purchasing and importing.

Secondly, I was told that the GM warranty may not be honoured in Canada. Apparently, GM Canada can reserve the right to honour the warranty or not. They said that for the first 12,000km (roughly 9000 miles) they will not honour the warranty and then after that point they will have to inspect the vehicle in order to determine what level of warranty service they will provide.

It really sounds like they are throwing up smoke screens and trying to provide as much hassle as possible.

I don't doubt one bit that GM Canada could say screw you because they just don't seem to care.

I've started communications with Infiniti, Audi and Volvo to see what they have to say about this sort of situation.

The government has everything laid out pretty well and makes it quite easy to import a vehicle but I don't want to pay all that money only to find that I have no warranty. That really defeats the purpose of purchasing a new vehicle.

I've also decided that Seattle is probably the best place to buy. Lots of stock and more dealers. It's a short and cheap flight over and it's not too long of a drive back home.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 PM

I had client that use to always pay cash for cars but he just traded for an dodge aspen and for well qualifed buyers they had 0% for like 5 or 6 years... thats unbelievable..... he will probably trade it in 4 years or less.. if he stays in tune with his past record.. he was thinking of tradin in every car in the house to avoid all the intrest he is paying... just think hes got four cars all 4years old or less... if he got zero on all four, for 5 years it would almost be like getting one free with the intrest he would be savin... I havn't put the figure through the ole spread sheet but it would be close..

Last edited by tleslie79072; 09-20-2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 09-21-2007, 04:09 PM

Please keep me posted on your progress

I am also from Calgary and looking to do the same thing (looking for an 07 or 08 Tahoe)....Running into same issues (warranty and finding a dealer that will sell to me). Please keep me posted on your progress!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:54 PM

Man I miss Great Falls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!