Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Windshield washer pump dead. (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/windshield-washer-pump-dead-25685/)

Jeff® 09-16-2009 05:04 AM

Windshield washer pump dead.

My washers don't squirt anymore. I can't here the pump motor make any sound. I checked and reseated all the fuses. Anyone ever heard of this before? I also checked the wiring to the pump for anything obvious. I didn't go into it any deeper. :(

solman98 09-16-2009 05:41 AM

I've had to replace one on a different vehicle before.

Darkangel 09-16-2009 05:39 PM

I've replaced a few on past vehicles. Not all that unusual.

Jeff® 09-18-2009 08:15 AM

I went to the dealer yesterday. Bad pump. They had to order it...

I ded get a new keyfob though because the 'unlock' button wouldn't work any more.

Biff 11-10-2009 05:34 PM

Hey Jeff,
when the pump was dead - did you hear anything at all under the hood?
The washer pump on our '08 LT is not pumpin' but I hear a faint click
under the hood when either washer control is used. (front or back)

Is this a warranty item per chance? :-)

Jim

urbexHHR 11-10-2009 06:37 PM

I had that happen on mine...but my fluid froze up. It was winter and the dealer put some cheap stuff in that couldn't take the cold....:roll: Gotta love dealers that are going out of business...:lol:

ghostdragon 07-25-2012 11:25 AM

I know this is an old thread but I think mine died too. Wipers work but nothing squirts. I do not hear anything when I push the button to call for fluid.

Reservoir is full. I filled it last week before vacation and changed the blades. Checked operation then and they squirted fine.
It rained a little bit while on vacation and the wipers chattered for a few minutes. Not sure if it is because it spit rain and windows were not wet enough and just coincidence that the fluid will not squirt now or is all somehow connected together.

Any ideas?

ChevyMgr 07-25-2012 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by ghostdragon (Post 659433)
I know this is an old thread but I think mine died too. Wipers work but nothing squirts. I do not hear anything when I push the button to call for fluid.

Reservoir is full. I filled it last week before vacation and changed the blades. Checked operation then and they squirted fine.
It rained a little bit while on vacation and the wipers chattered for a few minutes. Not sure if it is because it spit rain and windows were not wet enough and just coincidence that the fluid will not squirt now or is all somehow connected together.

Any ideas?

Replace the pump. Using the wipers will not damage the pump, it's just a dead pump.

ghostdragon 07-29-2012 10:37 PM

I did not think using the wipers would damage the pump. I just wondered if there was any connection.
I finally popped the hood and the reservoir is almost empty. It was full before vacation and I did not use the sprayer while on my trip. So where did all the fluid go? Do I have a bigger issue than a dead pump? Did it leak out from the pump?

Also, is it difficult to change the pump?

843de 07-29-2012 10:41 PM

You may find the washer bottle/tank is cracked, it looks like a pretty simple job, the washer bottle and pump are only held in with three bolts. One at the front, one at the back, and one on the inner fender.