Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Rear Turn Signal (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/rear-turn-signal-20484/)

andoll83 01-06-2009 04:38 PM

Rear Turn Signal

I bought new rear turn signal bulbs, but I can't figure how to get to them!

jx3 01-06-2009 04:40 PM

Page 5-43 of your owner's manual.

online owner's manuals

ChevyMgr 01-06-2009 04:40 PM

Access is located on the inside quarter trim panel. You will see an access panel that is about 8-10 inches tall and 4-5 inches across. Pop it out and you can get to the bulb.

halfpanel08 01-06-2009 04:44 PM

open your back hatch door, look to the right or left.. there is a oval piece that pops out and then your bulbs are right in there.. you can do it, i got faith n ya :lol:

andoll83 01-06-2009 05:22 PM

yeah that was the first thing i did, but there seems to be a barrier of very thick foam permanently glued in

ChevyMgr 01-06-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by andoll83 (Post 344884)
yeah that was the first thing i did, but there seems to be a barrier of very thick foam permanently glued in

You are the second person to say that on this site. Strange deal. Must of been a production change. Since I don't know how the foam is secured I don't know how to tell you to get to them except to say start pulling.

HHorange 01-06-2009 06:36 PM

Yes there is a foam insert..... it fits in really tight. No it is not glued in.

You just have to pull it out carefully so as not to rip it. I actually found it easier to start by pushing in on it first. I have had both of mine out to do trailer hitch wiring.

Pull out the plastic trim panel

Pull out the foam,

Unplug the wiring from the light

Turn the bulb holder appx. 1/4 turn. You can actually look in through the taillight lens and see which way you need to turn it. (It also helps to look through the lens to reinstall the bulb holder).

Pull the bulb out of the holder and replace with the new bulb.

Put it all back in reverse order..... take you all of 15 minutes tops

andoll83 01-06-2009 10:00 PM

thanks!!

Uma 01-06-2009 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by HHorange (Post 344949)
Yes there is a foam insert..... it fits in really tight. No it is not glued in.

You just have to pull it out carefully so as not to rip it. I actually found it easier to start by pushing in on it first. I have had both of mine out to do trailer hitch wiring.

Pull out the plastic trim panel

Pull out the foam,

Unplug the wiring from the light

Turn the bulb holder appx. 1/4 turn. You can actually look in through the taillight lens and see which way you need to turn it. (It also helps to look through the lens to reinstall the bulb holder).

Pull the bulb out of the holder and replace with the new bulb.

Put it all back in reverse order..... take you all of 15 minutes tops

I agree, I think it is a thing with the premium sound package. I got them out..but never got them back in the right way. Todd (Uma)

ivtech 01-06-2009 11:03 PM

The foam I had was 2 pieces glued together 1 piece had holes and the flat backing.