Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Replaced side marker bulb (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/replaced-side-marker-bulb-13775/)

shaginwgn 03-13-2008 04:42 PM

Replaced side marker bulb

Other night I noticed my back driver side marker light wasn't lit. Today, since HHR was clean, was 55 degrees, and was sunny her, I decided to check the other lights and replace the burnt out one. I found out that the front driver side marker was also not lit:confused: Pulled off other side marker on back and put in driver side. Luckily it worked and wasn't an electrical issue. Got them both burnt out bulbs replaced and want to give thanks to Applenut for the tips on the silver star replacement thread. Only took me minutes to replace them. Has anyone else had to replaced the side marker bulbs yet?

jx3 03-13-2008 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by shaginwgn (Post 246023)
Other night I noticed my back driver side marker light wasn't lit. Today, since HHR was clean, was 55 degrees, and was sunny her, I decided to check the other lights and replace the burnt out one. I found out that the front driver side marker was also not lit:confused: Pulled off other side marker on back and put in driver side. Luckily it worked and wasn't an electrical issue. Got them both burnt out bulbs replaced and want to give thanks to Applenut for the tips on the silver star replacement thread. Only took me minutes to replace them. Has anyone else had to replaced the side marker bulbs yet?

I've got a front sidemarker that doesn't light up, I've been meaning to do this for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the reminder!:thumb:

shaginwgn 03-13-2008 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by jx3 (Post 246033)
I've got a front sidemarker that doesn't light up, I've been meaning to do this for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the reminder!:thumb:

bulb number 194 or 194LL(long life) or 194na(yellow). On the front after releasing clip on bulb holder and wire, you have to give it a slight twist left to get bulb and bulb holder as it has a small thread like system to hold it in place:thumb:

SmootHHR 02-03-2010 08:31 PM

Both my passenger side markers were out. Got the back one out easy since there was a screw holding it in...how do you get the front passenger corner lens out?? I'm really hoping you all aren't going to tell me that I have to pull out the fender liner...

roofer1976 02-03-2010 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by SmootHHR (Post 440327)
I'm really hoping you all aren't going to tell me that I have to pull out the fender liner...

BINGO!!!:lol:

Sorry...it's easy, once you get the liner off.

SmootHHR 02-03-2010 08:40 PM

Well crap..................guess I'm not doing that tonight :( Thanks for the input though:thumb:

Saltine 02-03-2010 09:25 PM

I have a couple of side markers out as well but I think it was from when I removed the markers to tint

SmootHHR 02-04-2010 07:28 AM

I ended up doing it last night anyway...I couldn't stop thinking about that stupid light! And yes roofer, it was really easy once I got the liner loose.

Saltine, I'd love to see some pics of the tinted lens'. On one of my SHO's I had the tail lights sprayed and they looked AWESOME! You could still see the reflectors when lights hit them but they looked black as night during the day. 90% Clear, 10% PPG Onyx Black, 3.5ish coats

twistrman 02-04-2010 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by SmootHHR (Post 440425)
I ended up doing it last night anyway...I couldn't stop thinking about that stupid light! And yes roofer, it was really easy once I got the liner loose.

Saltine, I'd love to see some pics of the tinted lens'. On one of my SHO's I had the tail lights sprayed and they looked AWESOME! You could still see the reflectors when lights hit them but they looked black as night during the day. 90% Clear, 10% PPG Onyx Black, 3.5ish coats

one of these days when it's clean i'll take a couple hots of mine too. I just took window tint and wrapped the reflectors in it. Once installed they look fantastic, they still reflect but blend right in with the vehicle. If I ever need to go back to stock, i can just remove the tint.

malemann 06-01-2012 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by shaginwgn (Post 246053)
bulb number 194 or 194LL(long life) or 194na(yellow). On the front after releasing clip on bulb holder and wire, you have to give it a slight twist left to get bulb and bulb holder as it has a small thread like system to hold it in place:thumb:

On my 2008 HHR the rear side light was just a simple push in bulb ...while the front requires a 2 pronged bulb.