Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

2008 panel door popper harness missing

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 PM

2008 panel door popper harness missing

hello there, i am in need of some help. i have just purchased our 3rd HHR panel tonite, and i have discovered that the door popper buttons in the dash have had the wiring removed. this i am assuming is part of the package that was installed by an outfitter in quebec, as the one button on the driver side was removed in favour of a switch for a roof light, and the harness was completely removed on both sides down to the plug in the foot well on both sides. this has a ladder rack, and divider, window screen, hatch and hood limiting straps, etc.

can anyone with a panel, have a look at their harnesses in the foot wells, and see if there is a part number sticker on the harness? it will be a grey 4 prong connector. i know its a lot to ask, but i dont even know where to look or what to search for, and i cant get the doors open, as there is a divider in the way of getting the door handles open. i am guessing that because the harness is gone, that is why the fob is not working either. any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

jeff
Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 PM

got them coming in from the dealer. i have a temp button wired in for the pass side rear. along the way, i've grounded the purple wire in the BCM for remote start, which works on 2 of my 3 hhr's. and, i've found that this new one used to be low-jacked, and for some reason they clipped a wire that allowed the cruise to engage, and they disconnected the passenger door lock button.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM

so, if anyone is interested, here is what i have found. there are 2 disconnection points for the rear door electrics in an hhr panel. one is at the B pillar, the rubber wire hose, can be gotten to from the outside after opening the front door. plastic clips on the sides allow you to pull it out of the body of the car, and there is a disconnect plug there. inside the door, at the locking device, there is another, you cant see too easily. there is a plastic bit on the top that has to be lifted up, to allow the plug to pull straight out, kinda like the BCM, but not a pivoting lever.

now, getting to that if the door is closed is no fun. going in from the rubber cable hose on the opposite end of the door with a small flashlight and a 3' fibreglass rod, i was able to push on the cable actuated lever, popping the door open. the cable attaches to the inner door handle, which on mine is partially blocked from use by a bulkhead divider.

relays are located in the rear of the car behind the pass side brake light bulb panel. in there you will also notice a large disconnect, looks like for power delivery given the gauge, mine was not in use.

on each side of the car in the front outer kick panels is the harness for these, there is a male plug, 3 prong on the pass side, 4 prong male on the driver side. both are square and grey.

now, what i have not figured out yet is why my fob is not popping the doors open. there is 3 wires on the pass side harness, when only 2 are required, so i am wondering if this feeds something else. otherwise i'm in to programming.

anyhow, this is what i have found in the last couple hours. i owe my wife for standing out in the heat, touching my temp wires together while i listened for the relays, and tested for power being sent to the doors.

cheers

jeff