Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

best 02

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 06:43 PM

best 02

I looked thru the previous posts regarding o2 sensors but couldn't find an answer to my problem.

Had the cat replaced a little while back (90,000) along with one Bosch 02 sensor. engine lite came back on after a while, turns out there was a loose part of the exhaust system at the engine, some welds broke but mechanic welded it back. that seemed to fix it, engine lite went out.

After a couple of weeks, the check engine lite came back on. Mechanic called around to some fellow mechanics and was told that a Bosch sensor can trigger the fuel code even though everything is working right.

so he's going to order one from GM.

anyone ever heard of this?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:22 AM

I have not seen this much on our cars but I have seen Bosch senors have problems on Chrysler systems. Chrysler even put out a tsb about Bosch 02 sensors setting false codes.

I think your tech is heading in the right direction
Old 05-28-2015, 06:12 AM
Technical Moderator

The Bosch sensors have a bad reputation. GM uses NGK/NTK mostly.

I used 1 in the #2 position and it was "low bias" error, meaning it just did not work. Depends on the code number. I don't know what "the fuel code" might mean.

Which sensor was replaced?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:30 AM

thanks much, it's good to know that my mechanic could be on the right track. Being computer challenged, I don't know which o2 it is and not sure what fuel code means either, I just know that the check engine light is on.