Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Right running board adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Right running board adjustment

Guys,

I noticed a big gap that is larger than the other side on the front of the running board.

As far as I can see, the 3 anchors are adjusted correctly where it attaches to the pinch welds of the floor. The gap is where the front board lines up to the right front fender, at the bottom edge of the fender. Has anyone messed with the boards and aligned this gap?

Thanks in advance,

QR
Old 04-02-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by QuickRick
Guys,

I noticed a big gap that is larger than the other side on the front of the running board.

As far as I can see, the 3 anchors are adjusted correctly where it attaches to the pinch welds of the floor. The gap is where the front board lines up to the right front fender, at the bottom edge of the fender. Has anyone messed with the boards and aligned this gap?

Thanks in advance,

QR
That's interesting, I have the exact same alignment problem on my right side, and can't figure out how to make it sit up higher...
Old 04-03-2010, 07:09 PM

Running board out of alignment

Spirited,

I almost missed it when I was double checking my wax job. I had to go to the other side using my fingers as a thickness gauge. Sure enough they fit in on the right side but not left side of the HHR.

I guess that I'll pop back that cover inside the right front wheel well and see how it fits. It is probably a bending that will cure it.

I'll let you know,

QuickRick
Old 04-11-2010, 08:50 PM

Running board adjustment

So today I decided to try and adjust that, larger than normal, gap under the right front fender and running board.

I loosened all of the side fasteners, but did not remove the whole board because I was uncertain. I think that once loose, it slides onto a pin that sticks out of the front fender.

I decided to jack up on the front most support found under the fenderwell. I got some but not all of the excess space out. This was a crude adjustment technique.

I still may try again once I learn how they install.....its a challenge, grrrr!

QuickRick