I was on the highway today and my check engine light came on..I have a few mods, CGA intake and IMCO muffler and I'm running 1800 watts rms to 4 12" subs..I have the stock battery and a yellow top battery with 2 1.2 farad caps..I just changed from 880 watts rms and 2 12" subs Monday..
Do you think this is too much power draw for this car? Do you think it is the intake or just a sensor problem? Has anyone else had this problem?
I flipped the the breaker on the amps and disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and then I hooked the battery back up and the light did go off and did not come back on..The amps are still off..I don't want to hurt my car so I will leave them off untill I go to the dealership on monday..
I just want some feedback from you guys that have a system this big..So that I will feel safe hooking it back up..If you have alot power and your not having this trouble PLEASE let me know then I would feel better about hooking it back up..Thank you in advance for your help, Ron