Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?

Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #1

Member #: 2806
Check out my gallery 
Cooling Fan won't run

The Cooling fan won't come on, burned up my a/c compressor. This fan should run when the a/c is running. Does anyone know where the sencor is for this fan, I don't have a repair manual. Can anyone help me with this problem.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:42 AM   #2

Member #: 4831
Check out my gallery 
Did you check the fuse?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Member #: 1557
Check out my gallery 
I had to replace the fan control module on the wifes 03 Mazda. It was located near the radiator.

Black chrome lower billet, black chrome custom grill, K&N, LED tails, stock fogs on aftermarket wiring kit, 48" RECON "Big Rig" running board lights, 18" Cobalt Polished alloys, turbo tech sway bar. all exterior lights swapped to LED's, 35w 5K DDM HIDs. Upgraded to SS front rotors.
solman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Member #: 4865
Check out my gallery 
Cooling fan fuse is #40 in the underhood electrical center and the relay is #50. I would start there with a test lamp.

ChevyMgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #5

Check out my gallery 
I checked the fuses and the fan relay both are good.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Member #: 1442
Check out my gallery 
Can you make the fan run ? Find the ter. that turns on the fan from the fan relay. make a jumper and put power to that ter. with relay removed to see if the fan motor will run. If it does then it's not the fan motor. I find it hard to think that the fan not working will burn up the A/C comp. If the fan did not go on the the High side press will go up and the high press switch will turn off the comp.
Is your car overheating or running hotter then it use to? If you let the car idle will fan come on, it will take some time for it to come on like 15-20 min. if outside air temp is not to high.
06 Silverstone HHR LS 2.2 auto; airaid, T924, 20% tint, emblems on hood side, fullmoons on wheels, radio controls,chevrolet block letters on grill, bumper pads, sliver over gold bowtie on grill & hatch, sirius, wheelskin; 13/4" Low in rear only, silverstars head & fog, now with boards, rear sway bar,
HHR B/DAY 07/04/2005
oneton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #7

Check out my gallery 
Jumped the fan can have it come on, I was told the if the fan does not come on it could freeze the compressor.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 AM

submit to reddit