Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > Problems/Service/Repairs > Dash light and Gauges not working
-

Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #1

Member #: 17367
Check out my gallery 
Talking Dash light and Gauges not working

Hello All!! This is my first post and I was looking for help. We have a Red 2009 SS Five Speed that has been great, until today. At first start up of the day the Gauges in the dash did not work at all. After 30 seconds I turned the SS off, waited a short time and when I restarted the SS the gauges started working. The gauges worked for about 30 seconds and have not worked since this morning. I have been in and out of the SS running errands all day with about ten stop and restarts during the day. Also Since I drove the SS in the dark I noticed the dash lights do not work either. Everything else in fine. Radio, heat/ac controls all the other lights work fine. I can also hear the turn signal clicking away when I turn but cannot see the green arrows ij the dash/ gauge area. Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Rick
hhrssz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Administrator

Member #: 21740
Check out my gallery 
Well first off, welcome to the group, glad to have you here! First I'd check all the fuses both under hood and in the panel located on the passenger side of the center waterfall. You may have a fuse blown or a relay that came unseated. Its important to press down on each fuse and relay in the under hood fuse block as they can work loose and cause issues, its one of those HHR things. Keep us posted.

I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives. - Billy Connolly
843de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #3

Member #: 27563
Check out my gallery 
We had a similar problem with our 2008 HHR and took it back to the dealer. They reprogrammed the computer (apparently there was some type of service bulletin on it) and we haven't had it reoccur since. May want to inquire with them.
63falcondriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #4

Member #: 4470
Check out my gallery 
My mom had a similar problem with her Saturn VUE, she had to go to the dealer and have the computer reprogrammed. Even if you are past your 36k, I believe that there is a service bulletin on it so chevy should cover it.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #5

Check out my gallery 
Thumbs down

Update : I checked the fuses and also made sure the fuses and the releys we seated firmly.
Went to the Chevy dealer today to have the computer reprogrammed. The tech said that the computer was not able to talk with the dash lights or gauges. Tech said he felt that the dash pod w/ gauges needed to be replaced.
Anyone here have experience removing the gauges? I would like to tackle this myself. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #6

Check out my gallery 
bump
Old 12-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #7

Member #: 1866
Check out my gallery 
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrssz View Post
Hello All!! This is my first post and I was looking for help. We have a Red 2009 SS Five Speed that has been great, until today. At first start up of the day the Gauges in the dash did not work at all. After 30 seconds I turned the SS off, waited a short time and when I restarted the SS the gauges started working. The gauges worked for about 30 seconds and have not worked since this morning. I have been in and out of the SS running errands all day with about ten stop and restarts during the day. Also Since I drove the SS in the dark I noticed the dash lights do not work either. Everything else in fine. Radio, heat/ac controls all the other lights work fine. I can also hear the turn signal clicking away when I turn but cannot see the green arrows ij the dash/ gauge area. Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Rick

Hello! I am having a similar problem now, wondering what resolution was on yours...

Thanks!!
Old 12-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Administrator

Member #: 21740
Check out my gallery 
Unfortunately an answer may not be forthcoming very soon, the OP's last forum activity was on 8/12/2013.

I'd suggest starting a fresh thread describing your specific issues, that way more input is possible on solutions.

I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives. - Billy Connolly
843de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:38 PM

submit to reddit