Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Dashboard vents, no air flow through the two center vents

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 PM

Dashboard vents, no air flow through the two center vents

There is no forced air flow through the center two vents in the dashboard of my 2008 HHR. Plenty of air coming through the the two vents on the far sides of the dashboard, but nothing from the center. Any ideas of what is going on?

Thanks,

Frank K
Old 05-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Deceased

When is the last time that the cabin air filter was changed, or do you know if its ever been changed?

HHR cabin vents can experience blocked or unbalanced airflow with a plugged or obstructed cabin air filter.

Give this thread a read on the filter, and how/when to change it.....

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/maintenance-upkeep-50/cabin-air-filter-30505/

P.S. to the forum!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 AM

Wonder if an animal crwled up in their or made a nest you culd take the front panel off just pops off easy and have a look. Worse come to worse if new filter dont work find sumone with a scope
Old 05-17-2013, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by frank kaminski
There is no forced air flow through the center two vents in the dashboard of my 2008 HHR. Plenty of air coming through the the two vents on the far sides of the dashboard, but nothing from the center. Any ideas of what is going on?

Thanks,

Frank K
Hey Frank,

Sorry your not getting the breeze you deserve. I can definitely look into this situation for you. Send me a private message of your full name, address, vehicle identification number, and current mileage.

Thanks,

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 09-07-2014, 08:53 AM

Air Flow on the dash vents.

I was also having this problem. I opened the hood with the car running and the fan blower on high set to the dash option. I did my best to listen for a vacuum leak, but I didn't hear a thing. So I decided to improvise.

I put my finger into the two center vents on the island console just above the stereo and other controls. With a quick pull I loosened the top the island and the vent covers came off with it. I then took a fish tape, without the hook on the end, and I inserted it down the vent on the passenger side. I pushed it down without resistance (that is key, because I didn't want to tear anything out if the rod got stuck) but once I had about a foot of inside I turned the car on and turned the blower up full blast with the vent option selected.

A plume of dust flew out along with the air that hasn't been coming out for about a year now. I then moved the selector over to the next option which I think is dash/floor, and then continued to move it until I got to the defrost. It got interesting as at one point the defrost option was sending out the floor, but once I removed the fish tape after turning back to the dash selection, all options were as they were supposed to be. So, now I have my dash vents back.

This is a little unorthodox, but it worked. My suggestion to anyone who is going to try this, be careful. Whatever you use to fish through your vent, you do not want to get it hung-up on anything. As far as I know, nothing should be running through there, but you never know.

hope this helps someone.