Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

"engine power limited" on the dic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 06:35 PM

"engine power limited" on the dic?

What causes this? The CEL is on too so it's going to the dealer in the morning. it's a 2008 SS manual.

I drove about 600 miles this weekend in pretty hot and humind weather. The car stuttered a couple times, went about 15 more miles and then the rpms dropped and the dic said "engine power limited". After sitting on the side of I29 for a couple minutes I fired it back up and drove the remaining 80 miles or so with the CEL on... The engine power limited message went away, and the car ran fine the rest of the trip.

I searched for this for like 2 hours so if there's a thread out there with the info i need, just point me to it.

i'll find out in the morning what's wrong, but i'd like to know what i'm in for so i can prepare...

Thanks HHR heads.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Red Hawk
What causes this? The CEL is on too so it's going to the dealer in the morning. it's a 2008 SS manual.

I drove about 600 miles this weekend in pretty hot and humind weather. The car stuttered a couple times, went about 15 more miles and then the rpms dropped and the dic said "engine power limited". After sitting on the side of I29 for a couple minutes I fired it back up and drove the remaining 80 miles or so with the CEL on... The engine power limited message went away, and the car ran fine the rest of the trip.

I searched for this for like 2 hours so if there's a thread out there with the info i need, just point me to it.

i'll find out in the morning what's wrong, but i'd like to know what i'm in for so i can prepare...

Thanks HHR heads.
I several trips to the dealership before I could convince them there was a problem. Same symptoms as you, rough running, reduced power on dic, and CEL, and restarting solved the power issue.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...36&postcount=5