Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Front End Noises

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:54 PM

Front End Noises

I have been hearing a lot of noise out of the front of the car when hit even the smallest bumps in the road. They replaced the Int. Med. Steering shaft once and it has been back three times since. The Service writer told me GM knows there is a problem, but there is no fix for it as of yet. Anyone else having the same problems?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 PM

Name:  bf54f4bf.gif
Views: 79
Size:  2.3 KB to the site! Check here for discussion about noises: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ht=front+noise

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 03-14-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 PM

Cool Noises

I have also noticed front end noises. I haven't taken it in yet. I've only had my HHR for a week. My problen is the running lights. They keep going out. I have had the bulb replaced twice. Doe anyone know if this is common on the HHR?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by sunybuny5
I have also noticed front end noises. I haven't taken it in yet. I've only had my HHR for a week. My problen is the running lights. They keep going out. I have had the bulb replaced twice. Doe anyone know if this is common on the HHR?
Have you checked the fuses? Very common to have to reseat them ASAP.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:29 AM

I have had my HHR LT1 for about 7 months & 6100 miles, past couple of weeks or so, out of the blue started hearing a creaking noise under the front of the car when I would make low speed turns, go over any humps (like at intersections) and speed bumps were the worst. Finally got it to the dealer, and they heard the noise while he was cranking the wheel back and forth. When they called to say the car was done they had replaced the Int. Med. Steering Shaft, also some sort of suspension adjustment (not sure, its not real specific on the receipt) and also deglazed and cleaned the front brakes and adjusted the rear brakes (which I think was strange, I never said anything about the brakes so maybe they saw something there??). I've had it back for 2 days now, with no more creaking or noise from underneath, so hopefully it will stay that way.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:12 PM

Just got mine back from the dealer with the same noise in the front end.They changed the whole steering column,next they changed the bushings on the front stabilizer bar.Changed the car completely,no more rattles and bumps from the front end,they also fixed the creeking in the front end.Should be a service bulletin on this stuff.Check with your dealer it`s worth it.Now all I have is this crazy howling noise (on acceleration)coming from the engine or tranny,or something else???The Canuk!!
Old 03-24-2007, 03:35 PM

Mine was getting noisy and I also had a rattle going through the column into the dash. Brought it to the dealer yesterday. They have ordered a new column for it. I hope this is a one visit fix when the part comes in. They take great care of my HHR, and I love it, but I am sort of wishing I waited for the 2007 model year hoping for less "bugs".
Old 03-24-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
but I am sort of wishing I waited for the 2007 model year hoping for less "bugs".

Seems like all first year or revamped models have issues..I know my 2000 Maxima SE was like a test center for Nissan

Goose
Old 03-27-2007, 06:43 PM

Parts are in. I'll let you know how things work out after they make repairs on Friday.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Parts are in. I'll let you know how things work out after they make repairs on Friday.
What dealer are you using? Diamond? Do you know anything on Balise? I know they are in Springfield so probably not...

Goose

Quick Reply: Front End Noises