Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Hard Shifting, Traction Control Light and P0010 P0011

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:54 PM

Traction Control Warning/Check Engine Warning

My 2006 HHR started doing the same thing...traction control light came on, the car would lurch thru the gears and then the check engine light came on. The car only has 38,500 miles (just out of warranty) Took it to the dealership with the warning lights on. They stated the Intake Actuator Solenoid & Connector are not working and need to be replaced. Parts & Labor $281. Told them that something like this shouldn't happen to a vehicle with low mileage and was give a number for Chevy Customer Service 800-222-1020. Spoke with a rep there and explained the situation. They in turn contacted the dealership and determined the part breaking down was thru no fault of my own. They have now referred it to a District Sales Rep who is looking into having Chevy pay for all or most of the repairs.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 PM
alw

Originally Posted by ChevyOwner
My 2006 HHR started doing the same thing...traction control light came on, the car would lurch thru the gears and then the check engine light came on. The car only has 38,500 miles (just out of warranty) Took it to the dealership with the warning lights on. They stated the Intake Actuator Solenoid & Connector are not working and need to be replaced. Parts & Labor $281. Told them that something like this shouldn't happen to a vehicle with low mileage and was give a number for Chevy Customer Service 800-222-1020. Spoke with a rep there and explained the situation. They in turn contacted the dealership and determined the part breaking down was thru no fault of my own. They have now referred it to a District Sales Rep who is looking into having Chevy pay for all or most of the repairs.

Please keep us updated on your progress and what they actually replace.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 AM

any updates on this, belive it or not Ive been driving this thing for 2 months now with my ODBII scanner plugged in so I can just clear the code and temperarilly fix the shifting issue everytime it happens, boy is that gettin old. Im headin to the dealer tomorrow because I read on the solctice forum that they are having the same issue and one guy got it covered under the extended warrenty which I boughtand have yet to use.
I'll write back tomorrow.
Meanwhile has anyone else changed out the acuator solenoids for the intake or exhaust and cured the problem.
Gm part numbers
i believe.
Thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 10:32 PM
alw

have not had any resolution yet. We've narrowed it down to highway speeds over 65 mph. When it happens, you can turn the car off, let it sit for 5 min. and all is fine, shifting is normal. It would be nice to get some "live" drive time data capture when this happens.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:52 PM

Im having almost the same prob, as well! Got my oil changed today at the dealership, then it turned out I needed my air filter changed. Got that changed as well. After everything was finished, I was driving home and got a "Service Traction" msg on the DIC and the "TC with a line through it" light is on, along with the check engine light. My ride jerks when I put it into drive and the traction is always off, as if I was driving through rain. What in the world happened? Transmission fluid problem, maybe?

- BTW, Hello, All!! Im a newcomer.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:41 PM

Well I finaaly broke down and bought the darn sensor for the cam exhaust valve from GM parts direct. A total of just under $43 (not bad if it fixes it)
Im keeping my fingers crossed and will definatly report back in a week or so after I get it and see if it did the job.
Exhaust valve sensor GM# 12628348.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 PM

Unhappy hard shifting and no lights

hey guys and gals I need a little help here. My 06 hhr with the 2.4ltr is shifting hard, but not all the time. Could you all maybe steer me in the right direction as to what I need to do? Should I take it to the dealer and let the check this out for me? Also I have a clicking noise coming from what sounds like the steering column..any ideas on that one either. Thanks to all of you for the help. Will be patiently waiting for your advice..
Old 10-28-2009, 11:38 AM

Well the part came in and I installed it and its been two days now with no light or shifting issues. It used to pop on every few minutes at least 5-10 times a day.
It is also faster now. I never saw a limp mode on the DIC but it has its pep back.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:31 AM

Well shorty after my last post I started poppingthe intake sensor code and the T/C light and hard shifting is back. I already replaced the exhaust sensor so I guess I do the intake one now. Im going to try cleaning the throttle body, MAF, ect and see if that helps whilet he part is on order.
Has anyone else figured out a for sure cure?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:07 PM

I replaced the exhaust sensor and went two weeks before the TC light came on again and started to shift hard. I may try replacing the intake senor and see if that makes any difference. Someone told me to check the EBrake cable but not sure that will make a difference. The problem only happens once every two weeks. Very frustrating. Realy need a way to read the codes - any suggestions for scanners when the TC light and not the Check Engine Light comes on?

Quick Reply: Hard Shifting, Traction Control Light and P0010 P0011