Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > Problems/Service/Repairs > Heater core replacement 07 HHR
-

Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #1

Member #: 18139
Check out my gallery 
Cool Heater core replacement 07 HHR

Hi guys and gals, this is my first post!

I recently noticed a slight orange discoloration in my hhr passenger floorboard. There was no noticeable wetness and when I pressed my finger in an attempt to see if there were in moisture in the foam under the carpet my finger came back dry, BUT it smelled of coolant, I immediately thought heater core, but really? just after 2 years of use?. First I checked my fluid levels, and the reservoir and the neck that the pressure cap screws into were low. I filled them and marked a cold fill line in black marker on my reservoir. After a couple of days of moderate driving I've noticed that the coolant in the reservoir has moved slightly (not a huge amount, maybe less than a qtr inch) below the mark when cold. Also there is no moisture under the carpet and no noticeable leaks that I can see. I'm going to keep a check on the floor and the coolant level in relation to my mark. My main concern is, how did this coolant leak to my passenger floorboard in the first place, maybe a pinhole in the heater core? any other possible ways on this model, i.e. hoses, or fittings in the area? And lastly does anyone know of a good "how to" on replacing the heater core in the hhr with pictures?

Thanks in advance!
hhrbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:24 PM

submit to reddit