Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

now I really hate GM

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:23 PM

now I really hate GM

Just to bring you guys up to date on my POS HHR...

First notice were I made a complaint of noise in front end, invoice dated 01/08/2009 at 27511kms dealer then replace column kit for noise in front end and 2 leaking front struts.

Second invoice with noise in front end dated 07/16/2009 at 38116kms dealer replace let link kit.

I am missing an invoice at 40000 some kms were dealer did not replace any parts for the noise but, thithen the link kits bolts that were loose...

Note, that the only reason I did not go back on a weekly bases for a fix, is that there was still time on the warranty and I figured I am there every 5-6 month for oil changes so might has well get them to fix it then.

Forth invoice 05/26/2010 53157kms noise in front end again, dealer replace lower control arm bushings all and a leaking strut on drv side.

Fifth invoice with noise in front end 06/07/2010 53626kms dealer replace column kit .

Six invoices 06/14/2010 noise in front end still there... dealer replace pins but claims they could not hear the problem. They blamed my tires, said that my Z rated tire have stiffer side wall creating noise in the suspension...
Seven invoices 06/23/2010 54254kms noise still there notice link kit pass side had a broken rubber.

Noise still present, dealer no longer wants to work on my car, GM customer service does not want to get involve,they want me to locate another dealer...

Invoice number 8 witch I am force to pay since warranty is over. 54959kms 07/12/2010 this dealer does confirm the noise. They found a broken bracket that possibly is causing the noise but can't tell for sure, that needs to be done first then we can see if that is it or not. GM customer service said they will not pay since warranty is over.

I am forcing the issue on the fact it?s been documented many times before. But still they refuse.

I have now spoken with a lawyer and I am told that my only option is for me to pay someone full fees to find the problem and then I can bring GM to court and force them to pay base on a pre-existing problem, however GM may more than likely pay for parts and labour to fix it and not the fees involve to me finding the problem... that sucks big time. Got to love those big companies...

Last edited by badboy69; 07-14-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 PM

Man, that sux. I think I would email someone at GM headquarters. Worked for my dad and Chrysler.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:29 PM

BB, what dealership are you dealing with?

With all the documentation you have with them saying that they can't hear anything and then miraculously hear the noise after the warranty has expired, I think the repairs should be covered.

Not sure if your area is served by the same area rep as the ottawa side is (probably not), but I've had no issues with GM with warranty support, even after warranty has expired.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
BB, what dealership are you dealing with?

With all the documentation you have with them saying that they can't hear anything and then miraculously hear the noise after the warranty has expired, I think the repairs should be covered.

Not sure if your area is served by the same area rep as the ottawa side is (probably not), but I've had no issues with GM with warranty support, even after warranty has expired.
Demers Chevrolet in Gatineau did all the previos repairs. the last one that I have visited is Boulevard chev in Hull. I whent there after GM customer service told me that Demers did not wich to see my car anymore. but att that point it was already expired. I assumed that since GM told me to go elsewere that they would pay. but NO the are now offering to pay the part no labor, but boulvard chev cant be a 100% sure if that is the noise we hear or simply just an other broken part... even so I still don't think I should pay labor since it has been in 7 times in 18month for this condition and there is documentation and many repairs were performed. this is a ongoing issue there for I should not pay any repairs thill its properly fixed. specialy with only 15 days after experation... that is call customer service...
the car still has low kms. 55000kms and is only 37months old.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:51 PM

I think you need to get the regional rep involved.

With the amount of "work" you've had done and the paperwork to prove it, you're getting the run around, especially with the warranty just expiring.

I deal with Myers (Baseline and Merivale) and the most I have had to go back was twice to get something addressed. They've done great work for us in the past with warranty related issues (new motors, special order parts flown in from Detroit ASAP, etc).
Old 07-14-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
I think you need to get the regional rep involved.

With the amount of "work" you've had done and the paperwork to prove it, you're getting the run around, especially with the warranty just expiring.

I deal with Myers (Baseline and Merivale) and the most I have had to go back was twice to get something addressed. They've done great work for us in the past with warranty related issues (new motors, special order parts flown in from Detroit ASAP, etc).
I got the car from Myers but never went back has its almors 35kms off my way to get there. so i was dealing with the local dealer here for service.

I used to Work for GMPP up till may 2008 when the laid off most of us.
I never expected to be treated this way by them. back when I work for GMPP we paid lots of claims on expired warranty with in 3month/5000kms and many other for pre existing issues. it really sucs to be on the other side and not get the same service a I provided when I worked there.

the lady from GM custumer service told me on one of are conversation that I sould know how it works since I used to work for GM... I found that pretty offencive.

then later she said well your shopping to change car why should gm invest in repairs... I asked her if she would not shop in my sheos. having a car with so many parts replace and a ongoin issue that no one ha fix and seeing that GM is not willing to help. she would probably shop too...

and the last offencive thing she said to me was yesterday when I ask if GM would pay Boul for the repairs to the braket they have found and her response was, why would we paid when your expired...

today she called with the offer of parts only, I felt that was not enough and ask to speak the a supervisor, she refused, said she the one dealing with me and making this offer there for there is no reason to talk to a supervisor, and refused to get me one when I insisted.

hell if I would have done that when I worked for GMPP I would have gotten fired...
Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 PM

i once leased a 2006 cobalt in 7/2006. i had the front end noises start within 2 months of leasing it. i took it to the dealer and they told me nothing was wrong with it. the car went 22 more months before it failed inspection.(inspection once a year in NY). then the dealer fixed the A frame bushings and sway bar links(under warranty). it was making noises again about a month later and i never even worried about it. the point of my story is the suspension on the on the cobalts and hhrs are noisy for some reason. it did fail inspection for the problems listed above but went 45,000 miles with no other broken or defective parts. i dont know what it is but it did pass 3 inspections with the noises. hopefully all goes well with your car
Old 07-14-2010, 11:11 PM

My fiance had the same noise on her 2006 2LT - had the entire front axel replaced under warranty and noise stopped... quiet for 3 years...

Now it is slowing coming back again... out of warranty...

Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 AM

Here is what scares me the most.
If I get it fix and due go to court, nothing Sais that GM will pay everything, for instance let say the dealer replace this bracket and that does not resolve this noise then they go on replacing something else, GM maybe force to pay for the final repair that resolve the issue, but not all diagnoses or possible other part to get to it. That could become my problem.
Also its time consuming to me to go to court.
Then If I chose to ignore the noise and continue with the lease has its stand, you can pretty much bet that GM will find the noise when I return the lease and will want me to pay for it then.
Whatever I do I will end up paying and that pisses me Off
Old 07-15-2010, 09:58 AM

They won't find the noise... they don't drive them. They do visual inspections. Plus, it shouldn't matter, it's a known problem they know about from when the car was under warrenty. They don't have a leg to stand on to go after you for it when you turn the lease in. I would ignore that and leave it.

Either that, or crash it into a brick wall at 60mph so they have to replace the whole front end. But that may be a bit harsh...

Quick Reply: now I really hate GM