Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > Problems/Service/Repairs > Stabilizer Bushings 07 HHR
-

Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #1

Member #: 25969
Check out my gallery 
Stabilizer Bushings 07 HHR

I had a rattle in my front end , almost sounded like a knocking noise like the struts. I took it the first time to the dealer and it was taken care of because of the warranty. It happened again at 45k miles and i when and bought the stabilizer bushings for stabilizer bar for $3.78 ea and i needed two. I paid my mechanic $50 to put them on and the noise was gone! They will ask for a vin number because there are two different size stabilizer bars.
joeg.satx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Premium Member

Member #: 9561
Check out my gallery 
sway bar

most peole are replaceing the links, I just orderd the Moog regreaseable, will be here next week, I didnt know thebar comes in 2 widgths the Eibach is a larger diameter.
jay loukakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #3

Member #: 2271
Check out my gallery 
Does anyone have a part# handy on the bushings? Or will they know what Im talking about if I say I need front stabilizer bar bushings for a 07 hhr? I was gonna run up to Advance after work and get my parts ordered so I can fix my clunky front end.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #4

Member #: 16498
Check out my gallery 
A piece of advice- get aftermarket sway bar bushings. I had less than 30K on my car and replaced them. The OEM's broke apart in the mechanics hand. Once I saw that the stock bushings were low quality, I went aftermarket. I am at 60k now with no return of the knocking problem.

2006 LT
Slotted and drilled rotors, ceramic pads, LEDs, antenna bezel, just got it and just getting started.
brazodoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #5

Member #: 19723
Check out my gallery 
What aftermarket bushings did you use? Got some part numbers?

____ ***** October 2010 featured HHR ***** ____

>> 2.4L, GMPP, Trifecta, Ground Force/Progress suspension <<
Greybeard999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
Premium Member

Member #: 15263
Check out my gallery 
Here's a "small" selection of front bar bushings from energy suspension:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...r-Bushings.asp

Remember when purchasing to only purchase (1) as they are sold in pairs, DOH .....

Best-O-Luck ,

BONNIE and KEVIN DRAKE / DLVRNIT / 2008 1LT PANEL
18" SS COBALT WHEELS / SS FRONT & REAR PERFORMANCE SEATS / SS 140 MPH SPEEDO / SS STRUTS and SHOCKS / SS REAR SPOILER / SS STEERING WHEEL / TCE-WILWOOD BIG BRAKE KIT / EIBACH PRO SPRINGS / EIBACH FRONT SWAY BAR / OTT HARDCORE REAR SWAY BAR / CERAMIC COATED EXHAUST / GMPP EXHAUST MANIFOLD / MAGNAFLOW STAINLESS EXHAUST / HIGH FLOW CAT DOWN PIPE / TRIFECTA TUNE / JET PERFORMANCE MAS / POWDER COATED VALVE COVER & CGS CAI / 3 BAR GRILL.....
Mrs. DLVRNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #7

Member #: 2271
Check out my gallery 
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know what size is needed for an 07 LT?
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #8
Premium Member

Member #: 15263
Check out my gallery 
Were pretty sure most stock LT or LS Front Bars are 25mm dia! We recommend the taller greaseable version in black !

Best-O-Luck ,

BONNIE and KEVIN DRAKE / DLVRNIT / 2008 1LT PANEL
18" SS COBALT WHEELS / SS FRONT & REAR PERFORMANCE SEATS / SS 140 MPH SPEEDO / SS STRUTS and SHOCKS / SS REAR SPOILER / SS STEERING WHEEL / TCE-WILWOOD BIG BRAKE KIT / EIBACH PRO SPRINGS / EIBACH FRONT SWAY BAR / OTT HARDCORE REAR SWAY BAR / CERAMIC COATED EXHAUST / GMPP EXHAUST MANIFOLD / MAGNAFLOW STAINLESS EXHAUST / HIGH FLOW CAT DOWN PIPE / TRIFECTA TUNE / JET PERFORMANCE MAS / POWDER COATED VALVE COVER & CGS CAI / 3 BAR GRILL.....
Mrs. DLVRNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
Premium Member

Check out my gallery 
It seems you get smarter each year after the Toms Farm 2g2 next year you will SOOO smart I dont know if we can put up with you, HAHAHA I tried to order the bushings from the site you listed they may be closed today, and my air cleaner is not to tight.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
Premium Member

Check out my gallery 
bushings

I had given my e-mail this morning, they just got back to me and I ordered the bushings thanks fo the info.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:02 PM

submit to reddit