Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > Problems/Service/Repairs > stupid question front lower grill+ remote start
-

Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #1

Member #: 46817
Check out my gallery 
stupid question front lower grill+ remote start

hi
was looking at the front of my 2007 today and noticed that you cen look right in the lower part and see the ac condenser.
is there supposed to be a grill there?

also in regards to the remote start,i have a 2007 ls that has the automatic tranny but no remote start(glove box has no ap3 option)also the dic has no remote start options in the menu.

i was under the impression that all auto tranny hhr's came with remote start???
this is a canadian truck purched by original owner from chevy dealer..
thanks,jeff
saturnsw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #2

Member #: 19723
Check out my gallery 
There's no factory lower grill....... Do a forum search for "gutter guard" and you will come up with a great DIY alternative though.

The remote start AP3 option was just that, an option. Not all Autos have it..... You should have remote lock and unlock, that is standard I believe.

____ ***** October 2010 featured HHR ***** ____

>> 2.4L, GMPP, Trifecta, Ground Force/Progress suspension <<
Greybeard999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #3

Member #: 46817
Check out my gallery 
hi
everything i have read,even the reviews online ,say that remote start came with the automatic transmission.
possibly gm forgot mine
saturnsw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Member #: 2558
Check out my gallery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnsw2 View Post
hi
everything i have read,even the reviews online ,say that remote start came with the automatic transmission.
possibly gm forgot mine
It is my understanding that a lot of HHRs' that were rental & / or lease vehicles did not have this option activated..

Mine was, & still is privately owned..

..........2008 HHR Panel 2LT "Southern Edition"..........
sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #5

Member #: 24127
Check out my gallery 
Dear saturnsw2,

I have read your post about your questions of the grill and remote start for your 2007 Chevrolet HHR. I see that you have posted that this a Canadian vehicle; I do recommend contacting General Motors of Canada at 1-800-263-3777, for further information about the remote start for your specific vehicle. You should be able to get your build sheet information from them, but they will need your VIN in order to look into this for you. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 11:30pm EST and Saturday 7:30am to 6:00pm EST.

I apologize that I am not able to retrieve the information that you are seeking since I am only able to view the vehicles that are for the United States. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
ChevroletCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #6

Member #: 45973
Check out my gallery 
2011 HHR LT2 remote start

Dear ChevroletCustomerService,

My 2011 HHR LT2 does not have remote start and did not have the AP3 code ... can my dealer add the proper wiring and ECM program for the remote start to the HHR?

Cheers
fizikshhrLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 PM

submit to reddit