Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Any interest in the 2.4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:50 PM

Any interest in the 2.4 ?

Man, i've been waiting for a while for parts to come out for my 2.4 H, but i really see nothing but intakes and exhaust, both of which i have. I would really like a header, and maybe even some pullies. I dont want a drag car, but i would at least like to be in the mid 15's if possible. Just a little get up and go for my girls fat ass, anyone know of any upcoming parts or kits coming any time soon ?

Anywho, my mod list :
K&N Intake - they claim 9.33 hp @ the wheels

What once used to be a gmpp exhaust is now a gmpp resonator with a magnaflow muffler, i just like the sound better, but i figure prolly - around 5hp @ the wheels
Old 11-13-2006, 12:02 AM

From everything I've read on hear, the VVT and computer programming is making things more difficult for the aftermarket world. I would think if GM released the programming codes, mods may be more available, but what do I know. I've only done a magnaflow muffler so far, but am very happy with the results. Haven't dynoed or dragged it yet, but I have gone from 'chirping' 2nd gear to spinning it (go ahead and flame away--I'm happy with the muffler).
Old 11-13-2006, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Nevrnfpwr
From everything I've read on hear, the VVT and computer programming is making things more difficult for the aftermarket world. I would think if GM released the programming codes, mods may be more available, but what do I know. I've only done a magnaflow muffler so far, but am very happy with the results. Haven't dynoed or dragged it yet, but I have gone from 'chirping' 2nd gear to spinning it (go ahead and flame away--I'm happy with the muffler).
Im assuming you have a manual transaxle since you spin in 2nd, mines auto and we cant do that. I mean, id just like a nice header to compliment what i already have, and maybe a mild torque converter to replace the factory crap converter. And maybe slight more duration/ lift cam to replace the factory one as well, just tune all those together and i say itd be around a 200 crank hp car, with the ability to dip into the 15's. Thats all i want, but its hard to even get that, even the cobalt guys are having trouble with aftermarket support.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:31 AM

I have the 2.4 in my Ion and all that is really out there is intake's, exhaust (I have 2.5 inch stock) so no real point and HP tuners. then the LSJ exhaust mani is pretty much it from what I can find.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:37 AM

Cobalt addiction sells a header and downpipe. They are good units and have been used for some good results. 2.4 has the HPTuners for it and there's a company trying to release cams for the engine claiming "expect NO LESS than 25 hp at the wheels". One of the guys on CobaltSS.net (G5Mike) I think is his name is prototyping for this company. Can't wait to see what they make even though its not my engine!!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:44 AM

I'd love to see what the cams do for the 2.4 (Drool)

Do you know if these are just drop in's of if there is any tuning required?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:29 AM

No word yet. They sound like drop ins though.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 PM

I have cobalt Addiction's Header, and down pipe,
Also I have the ECM tuned by Wester's Garage...

If you go to the Cobalt site, looks like cams are coming out

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthrea...highlight=Cams
Old 11-13-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by hvrod
I have cobalt Addiction's Header, and down pipe,
Also I have the ECM tuned by Wester's Garage...

If you go to the Cobalt site, looks like cams are coming out

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthrea...highlight=Cams
how did that tune work out? (sorry to jack thread)
Old 11-13-2006, 02:10 PM

fine... its been over 7 months. now..

Quick Reply: Any interest in the 2.4 ?