Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

anyone heard of the co2 systems?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 PM

anyone heard of the co2 systems?

found them while looking for stuff in jc whittney's its a c02 bottle like any ordinary nos bottle, but intead of injesting it as far as i can tell it just gets shot into the air stream and super cools it?
a link to the stuff jcw sells http://www.jcwhitney.com/CO2-Kits-Ac...n_dim_search=1
Old 08-26-2007, 11:45 PM

Sounds interesting......
  • [*]
Now bigger, better, more efficient engine output is easier than ever! The CryO2 tank and installation kit is the foundation to every CryO2 system! No-hassle refills—tank can be refilled at any welding supply store or anywhere paintball guns are charged. System is easier to expand than nitrous systems. Kit includes tank, mounting brackets, solenoid valve, fittings, 14-ft. braided stainless steel hose, switchess and wiring kit. Only one kit is needed to operate one or all the CryO2 components (sold separately).

$334.99 - $354.99
Old 08-26-2007, 11:53 PM

did some more looking, it doesnt inject into the ungine, just cools the air, and alot cheaper thru advance auto parts then jcw... just getting it and the purge kit with an led would be pretty neat for a few stares
Old 08-29-2007, 01:12 PM

Injecting CO2 INTO the engine wouldn't be good at all, it would depleate all the oxygen in the cylinder and you wouldn't have combustion. The intake set-up has a metal ball that fills and freezes to cool the incoming air. I just wouldn't like to have a huge metal ball in my intake when I wasn't using the system.

For the price of the kit you can get a good Nitrous setup, nitrous also has a cooling affect on your engine as well, and a much larger performance benefit.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 PM

yea i just dont trust nitrous with out beefing up the whole fuel and engine systems, seen to many pistons blown apart. not saying im gonna do this, just saw it and figured it was interesting...if i find someone who has and had good luck with it then i might do it
Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm sure the CO2 kit is used to spray onto the intercoolers on turbocharged cars. I've seen them use this on the drag strips. Either Nitrous or CO2. This will help cool down the air.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:08 AM

The Cobalt SS/SC guys use this setup to cool the intake charge going through the blower and the stock water/air intercooler. Some of the SRT4 guys use this as well to help cool intake charges INSIDE the pipes if the intercooler doesn't get IATs down enough. Theres a "SnowMan" kit, if I remember right... and a couple others as well.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Ern

Ya. When I had my cobalt ss/sc I knew some guys that had it mist into the condenser
Old 08-30-2007, 10:59 AM

if you really wanted to, you could modify an ic sprayer to spray onto a metal intake tube to super cool the air...

just an idear...
Old 08-30-2007, 04:38 PM

but with a cryo system like this you wouldnt see the same benefits. It would definately cool the intake temps but you'd get better spark and response if it were an alcohol spray as opposed to the co2 setup. the air would be much colder but not as oxygen rich. Thats part of why nitrous works so well. The nitrous not only super cools but also helps bond with the oxygen moelcules and offers a more condensed or "oxygen rich" charge than co2 would. That is why there is a wet system with Fuel and Nitrous... if you run too rich an oxygen charge you will lean out the engine.

With an intake being cooled from the co2 the air would be moving so fast that the temp difference would be minimal at best... someone could always prove me wrong though!

Course there's always attempting to pipe your AC into the intake.. Turn it on high and hope for 12's!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone heard of the co2 systems?