Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Ever watch that show PINKS on speed??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 PM

Ever watch that show PINKS on speed??

Ever watch that show "Pinks" on the speed channel? We don't get Speed chanel at home so I only catch it when Im on the road or over at somebody elses house..

How much of it do you think is "scripted" some of it it seems pretty well played out.... almost too played out...

I havn't watched it consistantly enough to know all the rules... too many rule if you ask me...

I prefer two wheel Tuesday to be honest......

When I was in highschool (20 years ago) we did alot of drag racing... Nobody ever used the word "pinks" when setting up a race.. We all knew what pinks were but we luvd our trucks too much to lose it over a drag race.. Besides my dad would have "come un glued" if I lost my truck over a drag race... He probably would have let it go to the winner just teach me a lesson...

Ther was kid one time came out the first week he had his truck... two weeks after he got his liscense... and melted down the motor because he was runnnig 100% air plane fuel... He told his dad that I ran av gas all the time and never hurt the motor... So his dad called my dad, my dad interigatges me, and we laff our a$$ off cause "everbody knows" you don't run 100% av gas.. My dad called him back and tells him his son is just a dumb a$$

Turns out his dad called all my friends dads trying to get somebody to pay for the motor... Sorry "everbody knows you don't run 100% av gas"..
Needless to say the kid was on foot for a while..
Old 09-19-2007, 10:54 PM

Actually PINKS! is going to be filming here in Tucson in November (I think..) at SIR. They will be here for a few days. I think me and my friends are going to stop by and take a gander at the goings on.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 AM

You really don't think those guys are paying for their cars with all the sponsor decals all over them do you? I think the show is a bit lame, but I like Pinks All Out. Real heads up racing. None of this sandbagging, negotiating crap. Just go to the line and give 'er. Rich Christianson is not the best host I've ever seen either (just my 2 cents, for what it's worth)

Jim
Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 AM

I don't really like the show.. It does seem very choreographed and semi-fake. They negotiate on how many car-lengths one should have over the other, whether one can run nitrous or not, and other stuff. If you didn't come prepared to all-out race your opponent, you shouldn't even be there, much less whining because you know you're going to get beat.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
I don't really like the show.. It does seem very choreographed and semi-fake. They negotiate on how many car-lengths one should have over the other, whether one can run nitrous or not, and other stuff. If you didn't come prepared to all-out race your opponent, you shouldn't even be there, much less whining because you know you're going to get beat.
The "competitors" are each asked to bring cars that run a similar time. Not all comply w/ what is asked. Why should someone risk losing their ride if they know they are going to be 2 seconds slower and not have advantage?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 AM

I can understand that POV, but they should be ready to race as though they were competing against the best. They should make their car the best they can if they're going to be racing for the titles to the other car. Make the car the best you can, bring it, and race. If you lose, should have prepared better.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 AM

I think Discovery should whore out Mike Rowe. He's one of the best hosts (Dirty Jobs) and narrators (Deadliest Catch, etc) I've ever seen! Now if he hosted PINKS! that would be awesome. LOL! I could see it now!

Hell even Jesse James or the Tuttle Family would work too! LOL!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:00 AM

Mike Rowe... He is a good host. He is pretty funny sometimes.. He would be a good host for the show...
Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
The "competitors" are each asked to bring cars that run a similar time. Not all comply w/ what is asked. Why should someone risk losing their ride if they know they are going to be 2 seconds slower and not have advantage?
IMO then Pinks shouldn't pair up those cars. They should at least make it fair. If you're racing for pinks, then you want to have a fighting chance - not get smoked because someone lied to you.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:43 AM

They should let 2 impartial drivers do the first run with each car... to get a 'legit' baseline.

Quick Reply: Ever watch that show PINKS on speed??