Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

new blower motor not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:39 PM

new blower motor not working

i have a 2006 hhr and my blower motor quit working. Thanks to this site I learned of the butyl patch problem and the resistor. I replaced my resistor, blower motor and fixed the butyl patch but still no blower. I have no voltage at the two wire plug that plugs into my blower motor, and all of my fuses are good, at least the ones I know about( fuse panel under the hood and the one by the passenger console. Any help please. getting very cold here and wife is not happy!!! Thanks for any help!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:31 AM

The wires going to the blower motor are (a) an orange wire which goes to the resistor and it also is connected to the HI setting on the switch so when on HI, it bypasses the resistor so that you should always be able to run it at Hi speed, (b)the other wire which is brown goes go to that big relay in the pass console and I believe on the dia on the back of the panel is is listed as #30 and is controlled by the BCM and a 10 amp fuse, far bottom left side of the pass console. I'm guess that if the fuses are all good, there maybe a problem with that relay. If you disconnect the brown wire to the motor which either can be done by cutting or removing it from the connector and then use a jumper wire to that point on the motor to a 12v which should then operate by the switch which is still in the circuit. I am saying this because you said there IS NO Voltage at the connected. Hope this sheds some light on the problem
Old 11-25-2009, 11:55 AM

Here is the schematic, it may help - as an08HHR stated check position 30 etc.. in the BCM fuse panel (HVAC). Observe the 30 amp fuse feeding the HVAC Relay that powers the blower motor, the resistors are on the negative side of the blower motor circuit. Also assure that the HVAC relay is operating.

Originally Posted by smittiesplace
i have a 2006 hhr and my blower motor quit working. Thanks to this site I learned of the butyl patch problem and the resistor. I replaced my resistor, blower motor and fixed the butyl patch but still no blower. I have no voltage at the two wire plug that plugs into my blower motor, and all of my fuses are good, at least the ones I know about( fuse panel under the hood and the one by the passenger console. Any help please. getting very cold here and wife is not happy!!! Thanks for any help!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:50 PM

Talking Thanks a BILLION!!!

just want to thank you both for the info. It led me to a fuse I overlooked under the hood. I missed the bcm3 fuse. Don't know how but i did. Anyway i replaced it and everything works fine. I double checked my old motor and resistor and they were both bad. once again thank you both. did i mention that I took this car to a chevy dealer and they had it for a week and couldn't tell me where the leak was or why my heater wasn't working? Spent an hour on this site and had everything (except my air conditioner) fixed and leak free. Gonna go back to the dealer and educate them on a few things.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:34 PM

where did you find the bcm3 fuse?

where did you find the bcm3 fuse?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 AM

found it

found it, but still not sure what bcm3 stands for
Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 AM

BCM=Body Control Module
Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 PM

this thread was very helpful... I replaced my ac/heater fan motor today.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Thumbs up thanks to all of you

thanks to all of the posts here i was able to replace blower motor, resistor and bcm fuse to get everything working again... great info, very helpful. THANKS!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:28 PM

Unhappy Blower motor mystery

My blower motor works when it wants to. Here in the south, at summer is not the time for this. I changed resistor, no dice. Changed motor, no dice. Leads to motor run one with current, one ground.When I plug in motor, both leads ground. When I force power (power probe) fan runs fine, going thru all speeds, but without forced power, no juice to fan. WHAT THE HECK? All fuses checked, even bcm is good. I am at wits end here. Any help?

Quick Reply: new blower motor not working