Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Water Leak!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Water Leak!

Hey guys Im new to the forums my wife picked up her HHR back in September. Car is great except a few little problems one that i figured out here on the forum (key stuck even when its in park) and the other is a water leak. We really dont get too much rain here in El Paso(desert) but a week ago we had a bit of snow and when it melted from on top the HHR we noticed a leak on the passenger floor board. I opend up the glove box and behind the glove box there is a part there dont know what it is but there is a DELPHI label on it. just under that part theres a panel with a bowl shape to it and the water seems to collect in that bowl and drips down onto the floor board any one know where the leak is coming from? Is it something I can fix at home or should it be taken in to the dealer(its already going in this week for the Key sticking problem)
Thanks for all your help glad I found this forum
Clint
Old 12-02-2007, 12:04 PM

There are many threads on here about water leaks. Use the search tool to find them. I did and this is one of the threads that came up:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=water+leak
Old 12-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Welcome to the site. Used ('06)? wild guess. You still might be covered by the warranty. Also, after you have signed in, click the search button 2 items over from the log out and type in 'water leaks' many threads on this subject.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:45 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 386
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! This was a problem for some with 06 HHR's.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by ELPasoHHR
I opend up the glove box and behind the glove box there is a part there dont know what it is but there is a DELPHI label on it.
That would be they cabin air filter
Old 12-03-2007, 09:54 PM

Well took it into the dealer today had part #15926920 replced for the key sticking. Also had "R and R W/S Wiper Top Grill Panel to seal top Cowl plate come loose not sealing, Water coming tru resit Butyle tape"(directly from work order think they resealed something) Oh and a few days ago we caught my 1 year old son trying to eat the Remote for the alarm slobbered it up pretty good and it stopped working so while it was in the shop they saw it didnt work and replaced that also. So now the HHR is back to normal again gotta love warrantees
Old 06-25-2010, 07:43 AM

Angry Info on hhr and water leaks

I have an 2006 HHR. This is what happened to me and water leaks. After several heavy rainstorms, I had pools of water in the rear tire well as well as wet seat belts, carpets, etc. Nothing my husband did could fix it. You worry about it getting mildew. We literally had to scoop out the water and put a fan in the back to blow it for several days and park all day with the doors open. I guess being parked on an incline most of the water drained back.

I finally emaild GM and complained. I had to take it to the dealer to find out the problem. Get this, just to go into the shop was $100.00. Wait, it gets better. To make a long story short, they found and fixed the problem. Cost was $200.00. So you know, there are drain Tubes on each side of the Sun Roof that run the length of the car to drain water away. They got clogged. I never heard of this. My husband is very vehicle oriented and knows how to upkeep everything. NOWHERE does it say in any HHR or Chevy manual that this could occur, etc.

GM told us it is a "Maintenance" Problem and is NOT covered. Whether it is a 2006 or a 2010 it is not covered in any Warranty.

Hope this helps any of you that has a Sun Roof on ANY vehicles you own. Good Luck.

Last edited by LLH151; 06-28-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changed word to be more descriptive.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM

Sounds like you need a different dealer..... Big time! I'd write to the manager, and to GM about them...
Old 06-25-2010, 04:19 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Sounds like you need a different dealer..... Big time! I'd write to the manager, and to GM about them...

LLH failed to mention that this occurred on an 06 model. Warranty.......doubtful.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
LLH failed to mention that this occurred on an 06 model. Warranty.......doubtful.
Well, the last day of warranty for my '06 is today actually, so slim, but very possible.

Quick Reply: Water Leak!