General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Round jack points for a floor jack

Old 04-15-2008, 09:51 AM

Round jack points for a floor jack

I was advised in another forum that there are round jack point pads on the HHR that are for use with a floor jack and was also told that they are obvious if I look under the car...well I just did and I don't see squat that may resemble the round jack points

It very well could be that these points were on the 2006's and not 2007's???

I feel pretty dumb if I am just not seeing these jack points for a floor jack

Any help on this?? If they are there can someone either show me in a pic or describe where in painstake detail

Seriously, I think I am losing it if they are in plain view

Goose
Old 04-15-2008, 10:00 AM

I couldn't find any either. I am going to order the adapter: http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...ProductID=2061

Also noticed you are from New Hampshire, what part? I'm from Nashua

Mike
Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 AM

Sorry no pic, but they were plain as day, they even have a drain hole in the center. But you can always just use the same jacking point as the sissor jack, no adapter is needed.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:22 AM

On my 2006 there are pairs of oblong "holes" in the chassis that I think may be for the newer lifts that dealerships used. I tried using those for my jack stands, but the metal started to bend a bit.

I have not seen the round jack points either.

I tried using a floor jack on the normal jacking points and the metal crimp started to bend, so I ordered the Eastwood adapter.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by imagepower
I couldn't find any either. I am going to order the adapter: http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...ProductID=2061
Save yourself some money and get the same thing here:
http://www.mrtool.com/browse.cfm/4,1359.html

They were out of stock yesterday when I checked.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:25 AM

It has to be a 2006 thing than as if it was that visible there is no way (well maybe) that i should be missing them.....it isn't the bump with 2 open holes is it? Solman...in regards to location..could you tell me where in relationship to the triangle marking the scissor jack points?

I'm in Merrimack so we are neighbors lol...not too many of us around

Goose
Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 AM

Ok...so BR couldn't see them either and he has a 2006....

Goose
Old 04-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Founding Member

This is what the repair manual states:

2007 Chevrolet HHR | HHR (VIN A) Service Manual | Document ID: 1211728
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle
Caution: To avoid any vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death when major components are removed from the vehicle and the vehicle is supported by a hoist, support the vehicle with jack stands at the opposite end from which the components are being removed and strap the vehicle to the hoist.

Caution: To avoid any vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death, always use the jackstands to support the vehicle when lifting the vehicle with a jack.

Notice: Perform the following steps before beginning any vehicle lifting or jacking procedure:

• Remove or secure all of the vehicle's contents in order to avoid any shifting or any movement that may occur during the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure.

• The lifting equipment or the jacking equipment weight rating must meet or exceed the weight of the vehicle and any vehicle contents.

• The lifting equipment or the jacking equipment must meet the operational standards of the lifting equipment or jacking equipment's manufacturer.

• Perform the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure on a clean, hard, dry, level surface.

• Perform the vehicle lifting or jacking procedure only at the identified lift points. DO NOT allow the lifting equipment or jacking equipment to contact any other vehicle components.

Failure to perform the previous steps could result in damage to the lifting equipment or the jacking equipment, the vehicle, and/or the vehicle's contents.

Automotive Lift and Floor Jack Contact Points

Name:  lift points.jpg
Views: 19733
Size:  13.1 KB

(1) Frame Contact Lift-Front Location
(2) Frame Contact Lift-Rear Location
(3) Floor Jacking-Rear Location

Vehicle Lifting-Frame Contact Lift
Front Lift Pads
When lifting the vehicle with a frame-contact lift, place the front lift pads 6.69 in (170 mm) from the front pinchweld flanges.

Rear Lift Pads
When lifting the vehicle with a frame-contact lift, place the rear lift pads 2.17 in (55 mm) from the rear pinchweld flanges.

Vehicle Jacking
Under the Center of the Rear Suspension
Lift the rear of the vehicle by placing the floor jack lift pad at the center of the rear suspension.

Supporting the Vehicle with Jackstands
Important: Place jackstands ONLY under strong and stable vehicle structures.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 AM

Thanks CM...that gives a great description if using a lift and a floor jack under the rear suspension...question is what about the front?? Only way you could change tires is on a frame lift?

Also has me wondering why the exhaust is on the wrong side lol

Goose
Old 04-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Goose
Thanks CM...that gives a great description if using a lift and a floor jack under the rear suspension...question is what about the front?? Only way you could change tires is on a frame lift?

Also has me wondering why the exhaust is on the wrong side lol

Goose
Without a lift ,GM does not want you to raise both sides of the front end at the same time is my guess. But you could lift one side, place a jack stand under it and then lift the other side.

I think that picture is the United Kingdom version. You know how the have everything on the wrong side over there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Round jack points for a floor jack