HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

2010 hhrss, how many were built for 2010?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:46 PM

2010 hhrss, how many were built for 2010?

hi,do any one know how many ss were built for 2010?please let the rest of us know.thanks:
Old 09-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Lets start the list:

1. gilbert

J.K. We all "should" be on this great forum though! (I am not sure the numbers are even out yet.)
Old 09-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Not yet but I will try to get the numbers this fall sometime from my GM friends.

I would guess 2500 or less easy.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:00 PM

thanks,for the reply.2500 or less.this is one rare baby.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by gilbert
The real term rare is usually less than a 1000 of any one kind of vehicle.

Also supply and demand also come into play too.

69 Trans Am Convertible = Rare

HHR SS of any year = low Volume or limited volume.

Rare is the most abused and over used term today in the collectors market. Everyone wants to have the next Shelby Cobra.

An SS panel is the one SS that could be called Rare.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by gilbert
Rare, but like many other cars....the most this will be worth is half of what you paid for it....this is NOT a collector car, so drive the sh!& out of it and have fun
Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6

Rare is the most abused and over used term today in the collectors market. Everyone wants to have the next Shelby Cobra.

I agree, but even then, will only be worth peanuts in the future. If you want a car that will be worth money tomorrow, you have to pay money today. Just like cards and comic books, you buy them when nobody else is buying them and the term rare isn't coined yet for that item. Remember when Upper Deck started making baseball and hockey cards in the early 90's b/c the early 80's and 70's cards were worth something and people were talking....they are virtually worthless now.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6

I really think the rare part will be in the fact that all HHR SS models are the first in a line of a new breed of high performance cars that give more HP per cubic inch then any model before it Cobalt SS included, plus great fuel milage, that said I'm happy as hell to be one of only 216 others to own an SS panel.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Scrivs
I agree, but even then, will only be worth peanuts in the future. If you want a car that will be worth money tomorrow, you have to pay money today. Just like cards and comic books, you buy them when nobody else is buying them and the term rare isn't coined yet for that item. Remember when Upper Deck started making baseball and hockey cards in the early 90's b/c the early 80's and 70's cards were worth something and people were talking....they are virtually worthless now.
the HHR SS could end up a future collectable car if demand grows but who knows what 20 years will do and how it will effect this car.

Many collector cars that have value today often were cars few people wanted back in the day. A Cobra was not a car many people wanted used and often went cheap. Also the Superbird was a car most dealers had to discount to a very low price because people thought it looked funny. Many took dealers a year or more to sell. For years they were cheap and not worth much till demand came out for them that few expected.

The SS has the low volume down right now but demand is something few can predict. So like I always have said take the thing and drive it. Odds are against if ever making you rich so why save it for someone 25 years from now getting a cheap well kept car.

Most collector cars today that were put away and saved were buy guys who never enjoyed them and often sold by their kids who go out and spend the money on a Nursing home for dear old dad or a new Hyundai.

Enjoy life where you are hear as you are not coming back. Life too short not to enjoy good cars.

Two good examples of cars that may be collectors are the Pontiac 2+2 for 86-87 or the notchback Trans am form 1988. Few of these cars were made one was just over 1000 and the other never made it to 1000. Neither sold because they were expensive and odd. Time will tell if demand for these cars will rise. They may never amount to anything and only future unknow demand will control the value.

The SS will always have that little special thing over the regular HHR. How much more time will tell. Just don't depend on it to buy that Home on the coast or send the kids to collage.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Scrivs
Collectors can not create collectables. Only the market as a whole can create the demand for something and only time and demand can make it happen.

Even if demand comes it can go too. Cars worth a Million 2 years ago are only worth half that now. Time get real hard in the coming years it will drop more.

Search this Thread