General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The I hate my HHR Rant Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:34 PM

The I hate my HHR Rant Thread

WELL AFTER 19 MONTHS OF OWNERSHIP - I HAVE LET GO OF MY LS , WHY ?? REPLACED STEERING COLUMN AT THE 6 MONTH MARK THEN THE BRAKES , ROTORS WENT BOTH STRUTS SHOT [ LEAKING] AND SERVICE AIR BAG LIGHT , NOT TO MENTION FAULTY TURN SIGNAL CANCEL SWITH AND DEFORMED BADGE - ONE THING I CAN SAY IS THE CHEVY DEALER - CARFAGNO CHEVY HAS DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO KEEP ME IN THIS CAR - THE OWNER HIMSELF FIXED BOTH STRUTS AND TURNED ROTORS AT NO CHARGE - YES I DRIVE A HELLUVE ALOT ,ABOUT 1700 MILES A MONTH BUT COME ON ALL THIS IN UNDER 43,500 MILES NAHHHH- I REALLY WAS HOPING FOR A BETTER BUILD - I BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH GM ABOUT 7 TIMES , THEY STAE ITS THE NATURE IF THE BEAST ! ONCE AGAIN THE DEALER HERE IN NORRISTOWN PA WAS TERIFFIC - CANT SAY TO MUCH FOR GOVERMENT MOTORS - I JUST GOT A NEW 2010 SENTRA - TOOK A 857 LOSS ON MY HHR - DONT BUY SOMETHING BECUASE IT LOOKS COOL - OH YEAH THAT STEERING COLUMN ISSUE CAME BACK IN A BAD WAY - MY IDEA OF BUYING A NEW CAR IS NOT HAVING TO TAKE IT TO THE SERVICE DEPT 6 TIMES IN 19 MONTHS !! SHAME ON GM - THANX GANG GODSPEED OH YEAH THAT DARN CLUNKING UP FRONT IS ENUFF TO MAKE A MADMAN INSANE - THAT DROVE ME NUTS - I LOOKED INTO THE LEMON LAW - BUT I NEEDED MORE CRAPOLA TO GO WRONG , I WAS NOT TO WAIT FOR THAT MISERY - THE WORST PART IS I JUST PUT 4 NEW TIRES ON IT - UGG - ONCE AGAIN IF YOU ARE IN THE PHILLY AREA , IT WOULD PAY TO SEE FRANK AT CARFAGNO CHEVY, THIS GUY IS A REAL STAND UP INDIVIDUAL - I GUESS YA GET WHAT YA PAY FOR WHEN IT COMES TO GM - just my rant - i should have listened to my service tech in the beginin . nice forum here - good bunch - i will be in touch - god bless to all
Old 01-29-2010, 04:10 PM

I have a 2000 corvette with 60,000 miles on it with no issues,so I would say GM is not all that bad
Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 PM

Cool

76,000 on my 06...Nothing.......
Oh, yea getting ready to upgrade brake rotors and pads and paint the calipurs.(76,000 it's just due)
PS bought it in 07

Last edited by ohnomobile; 01-29-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added note
Old 01-29-2010, 05:20 PM

I guess that there's good and bad in everything. Imagine if we judged people because of a few bad ones? (unfortunately some do).

Why is the answer always to give our money to a Japanese corporation when all of the rest of us paid our tax dollars to bail our GM? If I was pissed off at GM to the extent that I had to defect, I'd for one would be looking at Chrysler.

I guess the abandoning of the American community is part of being the "me" generation. It's discouraging.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:30 PM

Well over 30000 miles on my 08 SS...never been to the dealer for unscheduled maintenance...I love this car.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lethal Tendencies
I have a 2000 corvette with 60,000 miles on it with no issues,so I would say GM is not all that bad
its a shame that i paid 15, 900 in 08 and only got 8,000 for trade hmmmm
Old 01-29-2010, 06:45 PM

We all see this once in awhile. 99% of us have had great results with our HHRs and someone seems to get a bad apple. Like a previous poster mentioned, you can't blame GM for everything when so many have had good results. I'd say, before this post goes to hell in a basket and gets negative, we do wish you well and hope for better successes with the new ride.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 PM

I love my HHR as much as anyone in this forum. I've slaved over it, spent good money on accessories and it looks sweet in Orange. Yet it still feels like a cheap under engineered car. Why? That damn steering rattle that has plagued my car ( and hundreds of thousands of other GM cars) since it was a few months old. The dealer has tried everything and the noise always comes back within days. It's a bad joke to drive a modern vehicle that sounds as clunky as my old '85 Fiero did. My HHR is not going anywhere too soon, but it will most likely be my last GM car.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:04 PM

Well at least GM knows how to build a car that slows down when you let off the accelerator.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 PM

As much as i love my SS , It will be my last GM product.
9 times at the dealer in 19 months, for a total of about 28 days , And I just opened a case with GM customer service.
2 weeks ago i gave them a list of 8 issues, 1 was fixxed in 12 days (rear hatch struts - 3rd set- i could have replaced them in 10 min.
The last 2 times i was in for all the same issues, I was told by the service manager that all hhrs , cobalt and malibu's are rattle traps and theres nothing they can do. LOL Well thats not gonna fly.

I had a 1988 pathfinder SE that i bought new, took off roading every other weekend, put 136,000 miles on it, had for 13 years, And never had a rattle and was never back to nissan for anything.

I figure GM has put $4,000 - $4,500 into my new SS for repairs and labor in 19 months, dos'nt leave me with much hope for the next 19 months.

The GM case worker asked me what i expect from GM , I replied to fix the issues i've had since month 1 . I'm suposed to get a call from her on monday.

Meanwhile i've put 1100 miles on the car wating for the second strut that was on a national backorder , Which has been at the dealership since this past monday, but they have no loaner to give me, and will call me when they get one. I'm thinking the car will just breakup into pcs while drivin it within the next year.

But again i love my ride !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The I hate my HHR Rant Thread