General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Where is the PCV valve?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:22 PM

Where is the PCV valve?

Where is the PCV valve on the Ecotec engines?

On the V6s I used to have, they were tucked under the back of the injector plenum.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:31 PM

Their is no PCV valve on our engines for the HHr's

Rudy
Old 05-03-2007, 05:23 PM

There is a PCV hose attached to the air cleaner assembly, so I would have assumed there would be a valve in there somewhere.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Yes but not what we use to see as a PCV valve

Z
Old 05-04-2007, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
There is a PCV hose attached to the air cleaner assembly, so I would have assumed there would be a valve in there somewhere.
Oh don't ass u me.

The hose you call a PVC hose is a fresh air (filtered) supply to the crankcase. The crankcase vapors leave through a positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) orifice in the cylinder head directly into the intake manifold. If abnormal conditions occur, the system is designed to allow excessive amounts of blow by gasses to back flow through the vent hose into the intake system to be burned in normal combustion.
This system is the same for both the 2.2L and the 2.4L engines.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:58 AM

Burning oil

Originally Posted by Dave C
Oh don't ass u me.

The hose you call a PVC hose is a fresh air (filtered) supply to the crankcase. The crankcase vapors leave through a positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) orifice in the cylinder head directly into the intake manifold. If abnormal conditions occur, the system is designed to allow excessive amounts of blow by gasses to back flow through the vent hose into the intake system to be burned in normal combustion.
This system is the same for both the 2.2L and the 2.4L engines.
So, if I replace this will I stop burning oil, maybe? I was told if your pcv wears out, you will burn oil. Trying to figure out why I am burning oil.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:04 AM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by Tractorsmith
So, if I replace this will I stop burning oil, maybe? I was told if your pcv wears out, you will burn oil. Trying to figure out why I am burning oil.
No.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:36 AM

Burning oil ill

Oh that's tea bag........If she burns dry, Lulabelle won't chooch! I need to get to the bottom of this mystery. Strike two, I'm getting more questions than answers. M. Night Shamalan wood be confused at this point. Have you seen Alien? Not good, I'm having flash backs. But it's much worse. Rather than a bloody monster jutting out the hood, she'll suffer a dry rod. She went like that at tal..... What girl would?

Please help. My dad has gone on to his reward, hopefully in grease monkey heaven.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:48 AM

It's really no mystery. Your engine has 200,000 miles on it, there is some wear expected.

Was the car run hard? Were the oil changes done as required, with a quality oil? Was it driven in dusty or stop and go conditions?

How badly is it burning oil? More than a quart in 1,000 miles? If you check the oil regularly, there is no reason why it would run dry. You may want to research oil additives.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

Tractorsmith, lets keep your posts regarding the oil issue to this thread - posting related questions and info in different threads is counter-productive. The other thread has been closed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where is the PCV valve?