Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Low beam headlights won't come on

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 08:53 PM

Found the one you were referring to. Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 09:26 AM

I have developed the same problem with my 2007 HHR. All lights work except low beams. The passenger side came back on briefly but is now out too. I hope the simple(?) bulb change works for me too.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Premium Member

Welcome Packmate , says you joined on 5/10 this is your first post, that has to be a record lurk

Old 11-01-2011, 12:43 PM

@Packmate, let me know how things go with you changing you bulbs.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Replaced headlights

Thanks, guys. Had the exact same thing with my 2011. Have never seen both headlights go out within a 24 hr period. Ever. Figured something more serious was the cause. Had already bought 2 new lamps, so I put them in and "shazam" they both worked. I guess I got a break as it's 21 degrees here right now with 4" of snow on the ground.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:29 PM

Question Hhr low beams do not work 2006

Originally Posted by packmate
i have developed the same problem with my 2007 hhr. All lights work except low beams. The passenger side came back on briefly but is now out too. I hope the simple(?) bulb change works for me too.
i have the same problem and suspect it is not the light bulbs. It must be a device, fuse ,switch or relay before current reaches the light bulb.. I checked the fuse 64 and 65 and they are ok... But is there one before the actual high low beam switch.. Or maybe the auto light on off switch or if there is a fuse for that one.. (and where would that one be ?)
Old 12-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIRMANBEAR
i have the same problem and suspect it is not the light bulbs. It must be a device, fuse ,switch or relay before current reaches the light bulb.. I checked the fuse 64 and 65 and they are ok... But is there one before the actual high low beam switch.. Or maybe the auto light on off switch or if there is a fuse for that one.. (and where would that one be ?)
Welcome to the site.

OK. Since you didn't bother to post what year your HHR is, I'll give you an answer based on a 2010 owners manual. The fuse locations are pretty much the same 06-11.

Fuse #65---Dr. side low beam
Fuse #66---Pass. side low beam
Relay #71---Headlamp low beam

Fwiw. You posted that you checked #64. I show that to be the fuse to the cannister in the emissions system.

Saying you don't suspect it's the bulbs? Not sure what you're baseing that on but there have been many here that found out it was just that. Burned out bulbs.
Good luck. Tell us what you find out.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Welcome to the site I agree check the bulbs first, the hhr has a wide head lamp pattern so it's easy to drive around with a head lamp out and not realize it until the other go's out.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lucky
Welcome to the site I agree check the bulbs first, the hhr has a wide head lamp pattern so it's easy to drive around with a head lamp out and not realize it until the other go's out.
Exactly, as many have discovered! All the more reason to check your headlights while stopped behind another vehicle at night -its pretty easy spot a burnt out bulb. Brake lights can be checked by looking at the reflection in the vehicle stopped behind you.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
welcome to the site.

Ok. Since you didn't bother to post what year your hhr is, i'll give you an answer based on a 2010 owners manual. The fuse locations are pretty much the same 06-11.

Fuse #65---dr. Side low beam
fuse #66---pass. Side low beam
relay #71---headlamp low beam

fwiw. You posted that you checked #64. I show that to be the fuse to the cannister in the emissions system.

Saying you don't suspect it's the bulbs? Not sure what you're baseing that on but there have been many here that found out it was just that. Burned out bulbs.
Good luck. Tell us what you find out.
64 ,65 are ok ..thank you.. I will check relay 71 .. I didnt think it was the light bulbs because ..i noticed no lights would come on when it was on auto.. Unless ...i put the switch on manual override... Then only high beam would work.,..

Quick Reply: Low beam headlights won't come on