General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Sold the HHR..........Lost confidance in it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned

Sold the HHR..........Lost confidance in it.

Had the key issue once again, steering column had been replaced, front brake rotors were beginning to deliver a nice wobble to the steering wheel, Developed an annoying rattle in the roof over the driver seat, I never used the moonroof fearing the wind deflector would break.....no way to own a car...

Sold it and bought a 2010 Honda V6 EX-L Accord Coupe......Waaaayy different experience.

HHR was fun and I loved the look but the quality was terrible and I only had 26K on an 06!! Should have been a keeper.

No more worries about shifters and moonroofs, Trunk membrane switches and dead batteries in the trunk........

Too bad..I really would have liked to keep the car but i completely lost all confidence in it and decided this was the best time to sell. The car cost me a total of $5000 to drive for 28 months. In that regard it was excellent....
But I bought it used.

Thanks to those for the great mod ideas and DIYs and best of luck to those who have more patience than I....You have a very cool car and Forum.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:33 PM

That Honda is one mean car. I sat in a black/black with smoked windows - WOW. Best of luck to you. Hang around.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AJochum
That Honda is one mean car. I sat in a black/black with smoked windows - WOW. Best of luck to you. Hang around.
Thanks man That's exactly the one I chose as well...EX-L V6 Blk/Blk w/ Formula One Tint

Would have bought a used 09 but could find one with Nav for the Blue Tooth. Used coupes are hard to come by and command prices that are near new. The 2010s have BT standard without having to buy the overpriced NAV package. I know I will take the familiar new car hit, albeit smaller, but I intend to keep it awhile and when its time to sell it i expect there will be more willing buyers than I had with the Chevy which turned out to be.....Carmax. Honda did not even want it, They offered $7000....

I am sure the Honda has it's own set of issues... REAR Brakes are one of them so i read LOL...It's not a perfect car either. But I don't expect the myriad of little QC and design issues I had with the first year HHR and the associated less than willing dealer warranty support.

I really wish the HHR inspired confidence for me. It was a fun and economical car to drive and look at. I will enjoy seeing the ones here and the mods from afar.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:31 AM

Old 10-28-2009, 07:45 AM

Bye..........
Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Founding Member

さようなら (Japanese)
Old 10-28-2009, 09:26 AM

Lesson #1 Never buy a first year Car. Lesson #2 you will find out your Beloved Honda may have more issue's then just the rear Brake's. Don't count your Chickens before there hatched when you have 30k on it, Come back and tell us how many time's you have it in the shop.

I'm surprised you kept it this long with all your Honda/Toyota proud Crap.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:25 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
Lesson #1 Never buy a first year Car. Lesson #2 you will find out your Beloved Honda may have more issue's then just the rear Brake's. Don't count your Chickens before there hatched when you have 30k on it, Come back and tell us how many time's you have it in the shop.

I'm surprised you kept it this long with all your Honda/Toyota proud Crap.
I have to agree. lost confidence? was he stranded on a country road? sounds like he is very skittish. Gave up too early.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:27 PM

It reminds me of people getting a divorce when they find their mate isn't perfect. They go find another to marry. Guess what, that person isn't perfect either. Reminds me of the great book "Everyone's Perfect Until You Get To Know Them."
I hope the Honda does well for you. You may find someday that it isn't perfect either. Hondas, for some reason, have gotten the "halo" reputation, but no car is perfect. I paid $14,100 for my '09 and am happy at that price for an economy car. I have not forgotten $4.15 per gallon of gas. The HHR is fun, distinctive, and has personality for an economy car in my opinion.
God Bless, Marc
Old 10-29-2009, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
Lesson #1 Never buy a first year Car.
To be honest, I think I see more issues come up with the later models than the 06's.

Quick Reply: Sold the HHR..........Lost confidance in it.