Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 AM

Rear Seat

Just bought 08 panel, have any of you installed a rear seat with seat belts, and what do i need.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Deceased

Its a semi-common mod for panel owning folks, here's a link to a nice "how-to" from a few years back.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/installing-rear-seat-07-panel-11077/
Old 01-22-2012, 08:07 AM

I did it last year. Not hard at all. I completed it over a weekend. I found a wrecked one local and purchased everything I needed from the same HHR. When you go to purchase make sure you look for the little things.
I.E. the correct nuts to hold down the seats. They have the little spring type attachments that hold the plastic bolt covers in place which you will also need to finish it off. The other thing I had to go back for was the little elastic seat belt (retractor?). Holds the seat belt over a little to keep it from getting under the users neck. Also you will need to purchase the little storage compartment that goes behind the seat. If not there will be a large gap between the seat and the spare tire cover.

Good luck with your conversion. I can take some pics of the little bits if needed.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:52 AM

hhr rear seat in a panel

Thanks guys for the quick response, ill start checking local yards, mine is going to be tough because of black leather front seats.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 AM

I also had to do some scrounging to find a rear leather seat.
I found mine in an online salvage yard listing. http://www.car-part.com/

It's a lot better if you can find an HHR at a local yard, so you can get all the do-dads to complete the job.

Getting the bolts that fasten the seats belt and the retractor out may reguire some heat.
I think they use some locktite that needs to be heated to unfasten them. be careful if you do this removal yourself, you can burn the belts or melt things.

My 08 required that I tap the belt mounting nut inset in the body that is at the top.
I'm not sure what they do in production, maybe the bolt cuts it's own threads?

Good Luck with your project!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:07 AM

On my seatbelts I tried tapping the first 2 ,the bolts needed loctyte as they weren't too tight. On the next 2, I used the bolts as self tappers and it worked alot better. When you get the seat belt assemblys they might be completly retracted and wont come out - Don't worry Iinstall them on the car, they will unwind. They are position sensitive.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM

Tell guys, and how many can weigh back sitting. I want to buy, but it is necessary to count their weight. In general a problem what that with search of back seats...
P.S. Delivery it is necessary to Ukraine.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:23 AM

Found what i needed,to install rear seat, except how do you pull the rear panel doors shut from the inside?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM

super!
Can at whom that is who can gray back send acquaintances of sitting to Ukraine. How many it can cost?
Old 03-03-2012, 09:46 AM

to those of you who have added rear seats to the panel:do passengers feel weird not having windows to see out?
i'm thinking of swapping my LS for a panel and adding seats, but still have kids riding with me and I'm not sure how they would feel not being able to stick their tongues out at people through tinted glass

Quick Reply: Rear Seat