Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

A/C Fan Not Blowing Hard From All Vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 AM

A/C Fan Not Blowing Hard From All Vents

Ok...so this is going to sound kinda crazy, and it might be my imagination... But I swear my A/C isn't blowing out as hard as it used to be.... I haven't driven my HHR much the past 2 or 3 weeks, and since then I think the air isn't blowing out as hard. I noticed this when it's on the bilevel setting, the air just kind of radiates out of the upper vents... I always have it on this setting, and I've never noticed it before. I was sweating still because it wasn't cooling me off.... So, I switched it to just the upper, better, but not like it used to be on full blast with recirculate on...

Also, I noticed it seems to blow out harder from the passenger side vent on the dashboard waterfall....

So, is this my imagination or paranoia since I'm just about out of warranty?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:16 AM

Could be a clogged intake track, I have taken blower fans out of cars and see all the crap that gets in the fan unit itself, or a blockage up at the cowl. IMO it sounds like the system that directs air flow either has a damaged diaphram or something that vaccume acctuates the unit.

I am actually tracking down a issue with my T/A. Since last winter I had swapped out intakes I am 99% certain one of the vaccume lines did not get on, or slipped off on install and its not enough to show it in idle but I cannot redirect my vents.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 AM

@CrazyCarKid........ is this issue new since you changed the filter?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:37 AM

You know Greybeard, it is.... I wouldn't have thought a new filter would be an issue though...but it is since I put the new cabin air filter in...
Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 AM

I'm wondering if something happened during the install. I've not changed mine so I don't know what it looks like but have read that some don't fit as well as others, just wondering if it could have doubled up (folded over?) as you were sliding it in......
Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Founding Member

So the test would be to remove the filter and see how that changes the air volume.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:54 PM

I'll try taking it out...

I know installing it was tricky, it kept wanting to fold up on itself...so I'm guessing that's my problem. Odd because this was AC Delco, and the one I was replacing was a cheap AutoZone one that was fine...
Old 06-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's in my imagination now... I turned the a/c on... Then while it was blowing out I had my hand over the vent, and I used the other hand to take the filter out. No difference....

Oh well. My mind does like to play tricks on me...
Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM

Still more from the passenger side than drivers side with it out??? Something doesn't sound right about that..... tricky brain or not.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Yep..more from the passenger side. I mean, it'd make more sense if like the two in the middle above the radio blew out harder than the sides or something, I could understand that...if it was a more direct flow of air, but one of the two? That doesn't make sense at all!

Quick Reply: A/C Fan Not Blowing Hard From All Vents