Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

B3055 and CO196 codes on 2011 HHR

Old 04-06-2015, 07:31 PM

Exclamation B3055 and CO196 codes on 2011 HHR

We have a 2011 HHR. The car made some unusual noises, sounded like they came from rear of car, today while my wife was driving it. She pulled over and stopped. She drove off and noise did not return but the loss of traction control light came on and a message flashed 'service esc'. She stopped again, drove off again. The message stayed on but traction loss light stayed off. She met me at a shop and I had it checked. They got the two indicator codes mentioned, B3055 and CO196. I drove it to the house from the shop, about 6 miles, and no indicators came on at all. I have identified them from the code list posted. My questions: Are there any bulletins from Chevy posted and what kind off cost (ballpark numbers) might I incur when I take it to the chevy dealer we purchased it from? I trust the shop guys more than the dealership but they do not electronic repairs. Only 59,875 miles. Warranty coverage or is this just 'maintenance services'? Lots of questions here. ANY info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Technical Moderator

Try the link in my Sig.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Technical Moderator

A tiny bit of Google led me to find out that B3055 means you are using a key that is not matched to your steering column.

Did you recently get new key?

C0196 means the yaw rate sensor is malfunctioning.

Either of these may be caused by a bad battery or a bad electrical connection. Sorry, electrical troubleshooting is expensive.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:15 AM

Re: B3055 and CO196 codes on 2011 HHR

Hey john germann,

I apologize for the recent concerns you and your wife have been experiencing with your HHR. As I am not a trained technician, I am unable to provide you with the meaning of the codes you are receiving. However, if you would like to send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN, mileage and preferred dealership I can move forward with researching your vehicle further.

Have a great day,

Kayla K.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by john germann
We have a 2011 HHR. The car made some unusual noises, sounded like they came from rear of car, today while my wife was driving it. She pulled over and stopped. She drove off and noise did not return but the loss of traction control light came on and a message flashed 'service esc'. She stopped again, drove off again. The message stayed on but traction loss light stayed off. She met me at a shop and I had it checked. They got the two indicator codes mentioned, B3055 and CO196. I drove it to the house from the shop, about 6 miles, and no indicators came on at all. I have identified them from the code list posted. My questions: Are there any bulletins from Chevy posted and what kind off cost (ballpark numbers) might I incur when I take it to the chevy dealer we purchased it from? I trust the shop guys more than the dealership but they do not electronic repairs. Only 59,875 miles. Warranty coverage or is this just 'maintenance services'? Lots of questions here. ANY info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Administrator

I'd stop by AZ or O'R's and have the battery load tested and the charging system checked at 4 years old maybe time for a new battery , and time to check for loose ground wires!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I'd stop by AZ or O'R's and have the battery load tested and the charging system checked at 4 years old maybe time for a new battery , and time to check for loose ground wires!
hey blue you got mail