Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

USB issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:37 AM

USB issue

I had posted on here that I was having issues with my USB not reading my drive at times and sometimes not even working at all. I found out online there is a bulletin and it does mention this. It says not all drives are supported.It lists the IPODS that are not compatible but not the flash drives that work or dont work....which I find annoying. I am using Kingston Data Travellers....which are not working. I see there are users on here that have no issues. Maybe if some of you are having no problems, you can post up exactly which flash is working for you? Exact model?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:52 AM

Currently using SanDisk Crzr 2gb, I just ordered 2 Kingston 4gb sticks.... I'll let you know how they work when i get them in....
Old 08-24-2009, 12:08 PM

I have 10 Kingston 4GB and none of them work for me.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by gmdealerguy
I have 10 Kingston 4GB and none of them work for me.
Ohhhhh Well If they dont work for me, I can always use them for something else, this will at least let us know if it's Kingston or your radio...
Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 PM

Its going in to my dealer tomorrow to get looked at.We can always call tech-line and see if they have a list of ones that work/dont work. I also just ordered a SanDisk Cruzer 8gb flash off EBAY. I am hoping I get it to work when it gets here next week.
I am just using the Kingstons for other things too as they work fine in the PC. If I happen to get a list of what works and does not work,I will post it up tomorrow. But somehow I dont think they are going to know yet.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by gmdealerguy
Its going in to my dealer tomorrow to get looked at.We can always call tech-line and see if they have a list of ones that work/dont work. I also just ordered a SanDisk Cruzer 8gb flash off EBAY. I am hoping I get it to work when it gets here next week.
I am just using the Kingstons for other things too as they work fine in the PC. If I happen to get a list of what works and does not work,I will post it up tomorrow. But somehow I dont think they are going to know yet.
I have a sandisk Cruzer 4gb that I cant get to work
Old 08-25-2009, 04:25 PM

Make sure that your USB sticks do not have any pre-installed software. I know that most Sandisk Cruizers have this.

There is usually a utility that comes on the stick to uninstall the software and reformat it to standard specs.

Cajun / Al
Old 09-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Finally recieved the Kingston 4gb DataTraveler flash drive, loaded it with music, and works fine right out of the package.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Bought a Centon DataStick Pro 8GB off ebay. Got it today. Works!
Only had to try 5 before I found this one!

Perry
Old 09-05-2009, 07:16 AM

How are you arranging songs on the flash drives? I dont have the USB but I know some mp3 players have limits on how many songs you can put in the root directory or each folder. Maybe they work at first but crash when you put too many songs in the same folder.

Quick Reply: USB issue