Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Tire Pressure Monitoring FAQ's

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:53 PM

Those are included with the valve stem. The 'service kit' includes the valve stem itself, the valve core, and the torx head screw.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM

I didn't see the answer above so here goes!

I had my wheels rotated at the dealer and just noticed they did not do sensor learning on the TPM. Now my right front tire is showing up on DIC at the rear right tire and so forth.

Is there an easy way to do sensor learning or do i have to go back to the dealer? They are in town and it isn't hard for me to go there, I just want to know if it is something simple that I can do so I don't waste much time for either of us.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by rebel 13
I didn't see the answer above so here goes!

I had my wheels rotated at the dealer and just noticed they did not do sensor learning on the TPM. Now my right front tire is showing up on DIC at the rear right tire and so forth.

Is there an easy way to do sensor learning or do i have to go back to the dealer? They are in town and it isn't hard for me to go there, I just want to know if it is something simple that I can do so I don't waste much time for either of us.
The procedure is in the owners manual. If you don't have one you can download it here:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/online-owners-manual-3074/

Basically you get it into programing and then reduce the air starting with the left front. Relatively easy procedure.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:30 PM

Thanks! that was certainly quick.

I know, RTFM!!!

Should have known
Old 03-11-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
Those are included with the valve stem. The 'service kit' includes the valve stem itself, the valve core, and the torx head screw.
I put a new set on my winters and they were seperate orders at local dealerships in my city.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM

*sighs* Yet another idiotic electronic nanny to get in the way and cause problems in the future.

I guess some folks just aren't smart enough to check their tire pressure once a month.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by RaineMan
*sighs* Yet another idiotic electronic nanny to get in the way and cause problems in the future.

I guess some folks just aren't smart enough to check their tire pressure once a month.
Don't pick on these folks, as they are probably smarter than you give them credit for. We are simply taking advantage of technology to enhance our lives.

As an owner of 8 vehicles, I wish I had TPM on all of them. Yes, I do check air pressure (as well as all other maintenance items) on a regular basis. To check the air pressure in 34 tires (one vehicle has dual wheels), is a somewhat tedious and time consuming task; time that could be spend with my family instead of my vehicles. If I had TPM on all of them, I would only have to address those that need air instead of all of them on a "just in case" basis.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:46 PM

If you are swapping out rims, I heard somewhere that you can just install a TPMS sensor in your spare tire, and the system will still work. I find this is hard to believe, being that only one TPMS sensor is being used, but is this possible?

Also, it seems like a dumb question, but does the spare include a TPMS sensor?
Old 10-14-2009, 05:41 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Sheverlay

Also, it seems like a dumb question, but does the spare include a TPMS sensor?
No sensor in the spare. And there is no room in the compact wheel to install one. It wouldn't matter if it had one. It would still have to be programmed.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:07 AM

Re: TPS Pricing

I bought a set of 4 for my winter rims (new in boxes) off of Ebay for under $40. They're made by Schraeder, who I believe is the OEM maker for GM.

Krusty.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitoring FAQ's