Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Kumho TIres

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:16 PM

Kumho TIres

What do you guys know about Kumho Tires?

I just got my 17"s and I need tires...the price is right, but I've never heard of the brand or the quality of the tire. Any info is appreciated-
Old 06-13-2006, 01:23 PM

they are decent. If looking for kumho's make sure you get all-weather tires for everyday driving.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:29 PM

My old Mercedes 500SE had them on (Ecsta) and they were fine.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:44 PM

Kumhos are decent performance tire for the buck. Inexpensive but still pretty good overall. I had EcstaSupras on my Prelude and loved them. Especially when it came time to replace them! Unless you are doing some kind of SCCA cone dodging or racing then you should be pretty happy with Kumhos. Just my
Old 06-13-2006, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by teech
What do you guys know about Kumho Tires?

I just got my 17"s and I need tires...the price is right, but I've never heard of the brand or the quality of the tire. Any info is appreciated-
Forgive me, but that's kinda like saying what do you think about Coors beer. There are many different models, types & styles of tires from a given manufacturer, some with qualities that will enhance your ride, and others that will not. It depends completely on the feature set for the specific tire.

I'm getting great performance from Hankook's H105, found HERE.

For the money, it is a great smooth riding tire, quiet, excellent traction when pushed, and has a long treadwear life.

Do your research, find the tire you want, then post some specs here and perhaps we can help out a bit more...
Old 06-13-2006, 01:48 PM

Here are some at tire rack:

I did a search on 17's, redo the search for 16's if you need to.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...t=All&x=65&y=9

Lots of reviews available on each tire type.
There does not seem to be any tire that can deal with real snow, so I guess these are out for those of us in snow cimates!
Likely decent enough dry tires, but I have not read all the reviews yet.

I was thinking these would be an option too.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...t=All&x=51&y=8

I have read the reviews and the Yokos are not bad. Still no real snow digger. Everything just says light snow: I got stuck in my Vibe last winter with tires that could not handle the snow, so I am real cautious and read the reviews. Funny though, there is always sopmeone saying a particular tire roots in one manner, yet fifty other people say it excells in that same manner! I guess it all comes with expectation levels.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:13 PM

I origanlly wanted Kumhos for my Giovanna's but Discounted was out of stock and I had to go with Nitto's. I had Kumho's on my Civic Si and I really liked them. The're affordable, they have looks, and I found them to perform well for my Civic...

Ng
Old 06-13-2006, 03:37 PM

excuse me

Let me be more specific:

I was pricing tires in Pep Boys the other day and came across the name. I'm am not looking for any particular performace type of tire, just a solid as well as good looking all weather tire. Im moving to New England, so I'll need to get through some snow.

I just didn't want to buy them, without a trusted name like goodyear, firestone, pirelli and end up unsatisfied
Old 06-13-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by teech
Let me be more specific:

I was pricing tires in Pep Boys the other day and came across the name. I'm am not looking for any particular performace type of tire, just a solid as well as good looking all weather tire. Im moving to New England, so I'll need to get through some snow.

I just didn't want to buy them, without a trusted name like goodyear, firestone, pirelli and end up unsatisfied
I don't know about snow & N.E. but they are more than adequate for Southern California. When my Nitto's wear out, I'm buying Kumho's no doubt about it!

Ng
Old 06-14-2006, 12:26 AM

when you find a good deal NG let me know. I'll most like upgrade mine to kumho's as well after my tires wear out.

Quick Reply: Kumho TIres