Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Hard Shifting, Traction Control Light and P0010 P0011

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:35 PM

:canada
I had a similar problem with an '02 Monte Carlo SS...turned out to be a defective wiring harness/connector in the ABS system.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:13 PM
alw

bump..wanted to check the status of the resolution (if any)..next to try on our end is the cam actuator.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:51 AM

I replaced the intake cam sensor and its been close to a month now with no light.
I did notice while doing my recent oil change that the front lower mount is broke now, I'd guess due to the harsh shifting.

My suggestion to anyone with this issue: Just buy both cam sensors and save yourself doing the job twice and ruining other items inbetween, I wish I did it that way, but I'm a cheapo.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM
alw

did you replace the cam position sensors or the cam actuators?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:52 AM

I replaced the 2 actuators in the valve cover under the air intake to the left of the engine. I replace the exhaust actuator first and cured the problem for a week or so. i lived with the reoccuring issue then for a few weeks then finally did the intake and so far so good.
Hope this helps
Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 AM
alg

UPDATE:

We have had the traction control problem for over 18 months with no resolution.
We got only a 'service traction' message and the car would not go over 35 a lot of the time.

About one month ago we finally got a check engine light and a few codes:
- MAF sensor
- cam position sensor
- misfire cyl 1
- cannot communicate with sensor

Yesterday the dealer started to just throw parts at the problem, and they finally stopped charging me for the work (we are out almost $600 on this so far, and that was all for 'diagnostics').

They replaced the cam sensor and one fuel injector.

I assume the Traction Control problem will start up again in a week or so, but I will keep everyone updated.

alg
Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM

Any chance somebody could post a picture of where the sensors are located and maybe part numbers for the sensors to help save time seeing a lot of people are having this problem....just a helpful suggestion.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 PM

Thumbs down traction control

I have an 2006 2lt 42,563 miles, the TIC will come on when siting at a stop sign or when driving down the street at any speed it has a mind of its own, went to the chevy dealer i asked about disconnecting or putting a switch to control it i will never buy another chevy the dealer all stink, i have had many sports cars, but the chevy dealers are the worst.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 AM

Thumbs down traction control

now its on all the time even in reverse, have talked to 2 chevy dealers about putting in a switch in to control the TC they say it cannot be done why not?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 AM
alg

jay:

According to the tech at my last service, the TC light will come on mostly when some other problem occurs.
So, in most cases the TC light is not a problem with the traction control. (stupid, but thats how it seems to work)

I too would like a TC disable button.

But, to fix the message you just have to wait until you have some codes in the computer and have them checked by a dealer (check-engine light comes on). In my experience, if you don't have any fault codes the dealers cannot find the problem. (and you pay for it)

And, in my experience you will likely have another problem with the HHR in the next 6-12 months. Our HHR has never gone one year without some problem, and we hope to be rid of the car in the next 30 days or so.

The HHR the last Chevy car we will ever own.

Quick Reply: Hard Shifting, Traction Control Light and P0010 P0011