Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Tire Pressure Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:11 AM

kwboydston, just FYI the SS has an all metal stem and the sensors. Maybe you could order those?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:02 AM

from what I've seen, most "chrome" valve stems are simply chrome bands stuck over a rubber stem. Maybe you could get a set of those from your nearby auto parts store, de-chrome them, and (LIGHTLY!) glue the sleeves on the stems on the vehicle?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:39 AM

I know. I wrote a long, nasty email to Firestone. I can't believe how shady and terrible their service center felt.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey
kwboydston, just FYI the SS has an all metal stem and the sensors. Maybe you could order those?
I believe I have found some that are all metal, spoke with the folks at Alltire and sounds very possitive
Old 04-01-2011, 08:16 AM

Can they be re-programmed by the owner

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if re-calibrating the sensors can be done without going to the dealer. The weather is warming up by me and I think the snow is behind us so I would like to put my stock RIMs and tires back on but I know that they will not go back where they were taken off from. Just curious if there was a procedure on how to do it yourself.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by bobiroc
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if re-calibrating the sensors can be done without going to the dealer. The weather is warming up by me and I think the snow is behind us so I would like to put my stock RIMs and tires back on but I know that they will not go back where they were taken off from. Just curious if there was a procedure on how to do it yourself.
Yep, its in the manual. Manuals are available on the forum here if you dont have one. Its not too hard, but you would want to use a good air compressor.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Yep, its in the manual. Manuals are available on the forum here if you dont have one. Its not too hard, but you would want to use a good air compressor.
Aw man I have to read the manual

I do not have an air compressor so I may just take it to my dads for that part then.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM

Yeah it's nothing more than putting it into learn mode... then draining each tire starting F.L., F.R.,R.R.,L.R. each time till the horn honks. Read it up... it's easy.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Yeah it's nothing more than putting it into learn mode... then draining each tire starting F.L., F.R.,R.R.,L.R. each time till the horn honks. Read it up... it's easy.
Thanks.. I read it in section 5-65 in my manual. I will just put them on at my dads or something and do that method.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by bobiroc
It is in the manual, fairly simple process after you do it once. If you rotate or swap winter/summer wheels you will have to do it again.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Sensors