Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Tire Pressure Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:55 PM

I've got an '08 that will be getting only it's 2 front treads changed out to match the Fuzion's that came on the back when I bought it a week ago. I'm down with re-learning the sensors myself but I went to check the RF pressure yesterday and it bled a commercial sealant which I assume is why the sensor is reading pressure as 19 when it's actually a right on 44, so I plan on replacing it with the Schrader 20153 from Advance.

My question is will I be able to do the re-learn process myself with one new sensor or am I going to have to eat going to a dealer?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:37 PM

In my '08, I don't bother with the re-calibration. I just rotate the tires and keep going. When I check them through the DIC, as long as they all have about the right pressure, it doesn't matter which is low. If one tire reads low, I'll check them all anyway and add air to the tire that needs it.

- Jimmy
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM

Tire Sensors

I think that there should be a way for DIY's to be able to reset the location of a tire after a tire rotation for example instead having to mortgage the farm to get the resetting tool totally pathetic in my opinion. ....Hey just a thought. Would appreciate any sensible solutions to this. Thank You ..... Darryl
Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Darryl_B
I think that there should be a way for DIY's to be able to reset the location of a tire after a tire rotation for example instead having to mortgage the farm to get the resetting tool totally pathetic in my opinion. ....Hey just a thought. Would appreciate any sensible solutions to this. Thank You ..... Darryl
There is a way and it involves using the controls on the steering wheel and depressurizing a tire until it beeps or something. I think it is in the manual. Kind of a pain in the ass which is why I don't do it. I just use the sensors to let me know of low pressure and check all the tires with a pressure gauge if one gets too low and even them all out.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member

Like bobiroc says, it's in the owners manual. I use this method each time I rotate my tires at home. AND, if you don't have a manual, here's a link: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/online-owners-manual-3074/
Old 11-18-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Like bobiroc says, it's in the owners manual. I use this method each time I rotate my tires at home. AND, if you don't have a manual, here's a link: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3074
Yep, this works very easily as long as you have compressed air available to refill your now low tires. They only lose a few PSI per tire, but you will want to pump back up.