General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

RIP The HHeaRse :(

Old 02-03-2011, 02:38 AM

RIP The HHeaRse :(

Sorry that I haven't been on in awhile (if anyone even noticed )

Sadly, had an accident back at the end of November when a truck decided to make a Uturn while I was beside him, forcing me into the ditch ...

... luckily no one was hurt and the other driver was 100% at fault.

The good news is since I got such a great deal when I bought her that I actually made a bit of money when I got the insurance cheque ... the bad news is that right now its not easy to find another great deal on another HHR ... but I am looking.

Have to admit, despite the little annoyances, I really liked the HHR and had quite a few positive remarks from people who drove in her, so I'm defienetly in the market for a new one but it may take a few months before I find the right one.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:49 AM
Deceased

The most important thing is that you were OK, it looks to have been a wild ride but HHR's seem to hold up well while sacrificing themselves in an accident. I'm sure that nearer to the end of the model year the deals on HHR's will get better and better as they sail off into extinction. Good luck with your hunt, so glad you're OK, and keep us posted.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Premium Member

Glad to hear you are ok not to worry your next HHR just hasn't found you yet even wrecked it still looked good you must have taken good care of it,seems it returned the favor. I know of a nice orange stg1SS by private owner down here in Washington I still have his info let me know if you want it
Old 02-03-2011, 03:43 AM
geg

Condolences to you, guy. Sad event.
But that would be telling their grandchildren in their old age.
Health - above you have kept. And the car will find.
Incidentally, on this forum someone was selling the SS Panel. Some time ago.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Banned

Man! What is it? Kill HHR season? I almost had the same thing happen to me. It's like "do you not see me here?"
Glad you are OK and healing well!

Kevin
Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 AM

Nasty looking accident. Glad you ok, cars can be replaced, people can't.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 AM

Sad to see another one bite the dust, glad to hear you are okay though..... The right one will come along.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:54 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Officer1151
Man! What is it? Kill HHR season? I almost had the same thing happen to me. It's like "do you not see me here?"
Glad you are OK and healing well!

Kevin
man!! if you knew how many times a day I run the risk on our f**king roads!!
there are days when the streets of Ekaterinburg many cars from the surrounding small towns. They are not accustomed to the dynamics of a large city. Impression - a psychiatric hospital burned down and filled the streets are idiots! Before the holidays and weekends - a real hell! The whole area tends to Ekaterinburg for shopping and entertainment. Add to that the illegal migrant workers on the buses and taxis! Sheeps without a license and immigration card, often under the influence of drugs, weak speaking Russian.
But after the holidays or snow days, the soul rests. The roads are empty, because nonresident sit at home and suffering from a hangover.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:08 AM

Glad to hear the HHR did it's job and kept you protected. Hopefully you can find another great deal soon and start enjoying The HHeaRse II
Old 02-03-2011, 06:10 AM

Wow I think ever panel got hit. That is not easy. I take it you rolled in the ditch? Sorry to see this but you walked away and it held up well.

Look around as there are a lot of cheap HHR's on the market. You may have to go out of your area but they are around in great numbers.

I just had two people at work buy them. They really were not HHR fans but found so many of them at good prices they traded of Hyundai's and bought used HHR's. Nice ones too.

Search this Thread