Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Traction Control problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 08:42 AM

I would not rush to do that. Remember-no one else is having this problem.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Mine did it today, Turned corner hit gas and almost got whiplash then traction control light came on and steady on till I turned car off and waited five minutes. called my dealer they are gonna look at it tomorrow and sounded like they gonna have it all day. But I know they will not replicate it. Wait and see.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:04 PM

Just got call back from dealer gave them two codes that combined are the MAF sensor. There are blaming it on the cgs intake and it vibrates alot according to them. Reason Check engine light doesnt come on is that it only happened once if it happened again check engine light would come back on. They recommend puting the monster stock filter back on.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM

Yea............ I really doubt that a AIR INTAKE is going to cause the TRACTION CONTROL warning light to come on... Some dealers really try to fill people with some BS these days, don't they?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:41 PM

You would be shocked to see what can cause things to happen to BCM's & ECU's or what it done with onething and it cause something else to act up
Old 08-02-2007, 03:57 PM

The codes onmine were P0106 and C0561. I think it could be because I never cleaned or changed the filter from when I put The Outlaw filter on from SoCal HHRs. I put the cgs filter back on. I will wait and see. I am not gonna put the monster air filter back on thats for damn sure.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Even if it caused a code to jump or something in the ECU, it would never ACTUALLY cause a problem with the traction control problem. At least, I don't think it could...
Old 08-02-2007, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
Even if it caused a code to jump or something in the ECU, it would never ACTUALLY cause a problem with the traction control problem. At least, I don't think it could...
It is like when you forget to your gas cap back on or tighten all the way, why does your check engine light come on? It just alerts you that something is not right. Why is there a seperate traction control light when you lose traction the DIC say low traction the traction control light doesnt come on.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM

TC light turns on

similar problem. a decent acceleration prompts the traction control dashboard light to turn on and the shifting becomes very rough. Dealer stated that M.A.P. sensor should be replaced or this could lead to the engine light coming on.

If I turn off the car, pull out the key and open the drivers door, it will reset and run fine. Yeah, I know this sounds ridiculous, but I yet to see a post that has mentioned replacing the MAP Sensor. Any suggestions are welcomed.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:01 PM

I've got a couple of questions. One Is there any way to turn off the traction control ? Two Are the ABS ( anti-lock brakes) and the traction control tied into each other ? and Three is there any way to get around the ABS system ? Living in the Midwest, i have found these options make it harder for me to control my car. They do not fair well on snow or ice. Does anybody else have problems driving thier HHR in snow or ice, or am i just too used to being able to control my car instead of having a computer try to do it for me ?

Quick Reply: Traction Control problem