General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

my onstar experience

Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 PM

Red face my onstar experience

Ever since I lowered the HHR people think I have my brights on when I don't. I adjusted the lights and for the most part solved the problem. For the past 2 months now on the way home from work (I get off at midnight) theirs a small moving van that passes by me. Every time he flashes his brights and me and I do the same back to let him know there not on, and every time he decides to blind me by leaving his on. It’s been very annoying. Well, last night he also decided to swerve into my lane. I slammed on the brakes and when he passed I turned around, pressed the emergency Onstar button and chassed him. Onstar knew exactly where I was and put me in touch with the local police. After 8 miles of following behind him, running 2 stop signs, at a distance of about 10ft and 80mph I was able to give the plate # and back off. I broke my glasses a few weeks ago so I had to get close to see the plate clearly. I don't know if the cops will do anything, but I was glad to have the onstar because I was in an area with no cell service.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:21 PM

Interesting. Road rage and all that, but mostly from the other car from your description.
Onstar can be handy at times and this was one of them.
Dunno if your local cops will care. Hopfully they do. But without an actual accident with incapacitated cars, it often boils down to an argument with cross accusations.

Heck, our local cops did not even go after and cite a drunk woman driver who hit the parked cars we were leaning against in front of my store late one night.
She whacked my friend's car into another friend''s car, then was pushed out of the driver's seat by the passenger who then took over driving and sped off. We had four witnesses, but the cops only wrote up my friend for having a parked car with insurance that ended a week prior. They never went after the drunk chicks and did not care. Yeah, small city cops.

Good luck with your encounters. Perhaps these folks will have learned a bit form your pursuit!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Banned

i was rear ended by a lady doing 100MPH in a FS chevy truck and me in a 1993 Honda hatchback...she was road rage hell and i was trying to get away...2 blocks of being pushed after the initial hit and 11 rounds from my pistol ended the altercation.

luckily in Texas we can carry concealed and have the authority to protect our property first
Old 06-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member

Old 06-20-2007, 06:01 AM

I wouldn't have used Onstar, I would've flashed him with my 2million candlepower spotlight.It is a necessity to have it for pizza delivering.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by quest51210
i was rear ended by a lady doing 100MPH in a FS chevy truck and me in a 1993 Honda hatchback...she was road rage hell and i was trying to get away...2 blocks of being pushed after the initial hit and 11 rounds from my pistol ended the altercation.

luckily in Texas we can carry concealed and have the authority to protect our property first
Does "11 rounds from my pistol... " mean that you shot and/or killed the other driver?
And JT, what the heck are you doing driving if you need glasses, and yours are broken? You say you followed a guy at high speed for (8) miles to get a plate #, you`re lucky to be alive, that nut could`ve led you anywhere and done whatever...
I wouldn`t doubt that if the cops did/do get the guy, he`d claim that you were blinding him and the swerve was unintentional, and that you were following him at a close distance and he was afraid of you.
If they require you to bring your ride in for an inspection, the fact that your ride has been lowered may go against you, and bolster his claim.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pizzaman
I wouldn't have used Onstar, I would've flashed him with my 2million candlepower spotlight.It is a necessity to have it for pizza delivering.
I got pulled over for using my spotlight. $75.00 fine back in '79.
It seems folks did not find the humor I did in shutting down all the streetlights I drove by.
Oh well, I was young and stupid Nowadays, not so young but still........
Old 06-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Does "11 rounds from my pistol... " mean that you shot and/or killed the other driver?
And JT, what the heck are you doing driving if you need glasses, and yours are broken? You say you followed a guy at high speed for (8) miles to get a plate #, you`re lucky to be alive, that nut could`ve led you anywhere and done whatever...
I wouldn`t doubt that if the cops did/do get the guy, he`d claim that you were blinding him and the swerve was unintentional, and that you were following him at a close distance and he was afraid of you.
If they require you to bring your ride in for an inspection, the fact that your ride has been lowered may go against you, and bolster his claim.

can you believe it !!!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:16 PM

You have to avoid getting drawn into road rage situations. As Black Beauty pointed out, you don't know anything about the other motorist. He may be packin' and itching to use it. People get cacooned up in their vehicles and behave in ways they never would on a crowded sidewalk, etc. Something about being in a vehicle instills a [false] sense of safety.

Let's be careful out there, people!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:31 PM

You can always ask the police to be in that location at that time of night. They could even drive in your direction with the brights on and catch the guy in the act.

It was a smart move using OnStar but I don't know if I would have followed him to that extent. I agree about what he could have done. Can you take another route to avoid him? And, have you gotten new glasses yet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my onstar experience