Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Chevy HHR Panel Question.... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 12:55 AM

Chevy HHR Panel Question.... HELP!

Hi, I work for a big auto parts warehouse and I am thinking about buying one of the company delivery vehicles. (2008-9 Chevy HHR Panel). They retire/sell the cars for $3,500 when they hit 150,000 miles. That's an awesome deal especially since most of the miles are highway miles. Anyways, my question is: can I remove the rear windowless doors and add doors with windows? THANKS.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Platinum Member

milk_van-

Welcome, & Absolutely, Chevy even made one that style. Called the AA5 option. aka 1/2 panel..

Many even add rear seats to their panels..
Old 12-28-2011, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
milk_van-

Welcome, & Absolutely, Chevy even made one that style. Called the AA5 option. aka 1/2 panel..
OK, SO IS IT JUST A PLUG AND PLAY MOD? NO CUSTOMIZING OR COMPLICATED STUFF TO WORRY ABOUT? If it's that easy then I can just buy the doors from a wrecked HHR at a local junk yard!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Platinum Member

Yep, there will be wires to the rear panel doors, for the 'poppers'...But you won't need those.

You would need to wire the rear window doors, for the power windows, & locks..

But as far as the tin swapping, straight switch..
Old 12-28-2011, 01:18 AM

That's awesome, man. I'm definitely getting one now. 1 more question, would I need to tap any wires to get the powe windows/locks to function? Or do I just plug them in a socket??? I'm not good with that electrical stuff so if I would need to tap into any wires I'm better off taking the doors to a Chevy dealership.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Platinum Member

Note: If you leave the panel storage box in back, the windowed rear doors will NOT fully close.

The armrests will hit the box. (I just remembered that.) So you would need to add rear seats (simple bolt in) or chop off the arm rests..

You can also look in the "How To" section here, there is plenty of info & pics from those that have done swaps.

Best to do your homework first.. Just sayin..
Old 12-28-2011, 06:06 AM
geg

Welcome. I am pleased that a professional parts seller appeared on the forum. I'll be your client, publish contact details.
As for the HHR Panel - this is a great car. $ 3500 - a magic price, 150,000 miles - just the dawn of forces.
Sleeper rights. As far as I know, the installation of rear seats is not an issue, as well as wiring. Perhaps, in the car does not have some wires, but connectors to connect them are a 100% chance. You can easily buy the missing parts using your official position.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sleeper
Note: If you leave the panel storage box in back, the windowed rear doors will NOT fully close.

The armrests will hit the box. (I just remembered that.)
I think I said that too!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by milk_van
That's awesome, man. I'm definitely getting one now. 1 more question, would I need to tap any wires to get the power windows/locks to function? Or do I just plug them in a socket??? I'm not good with that electrical stuff so if I would need to tap into any wires I'm better off taking the doors to a Chevy dealership.
That part perhaps another member can answer, IDK ?

But the alarm is wired to the windowed back doors also.. fwiw..
Old 12-29-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by geg
Welcome. I am pleased that a professional parts seller appeared on the forum. I'll be your client, publish contact details.
As for the HHR Panel - this is a great car. $ 3500 - a magic price, 150,000 miles - just the dawn of forces.
Sleeper rights. As far as I know, the installation of rear seats is not an issue, as well as wiring. Perhaps, in the car does not have some wires, but connectors to connect them are a 100% chance. You can easily buy the missing parts using your official position.
Hi, I work for Cal-State Auto Parts, Inc. we supply the biggest dealerships in California. We sell AC Delco (GM) and Motorcraft auto parts for Ford/Lincoln/etc. You actually need an account to buy from us but we do not ship outside of California.

Quick Reply: Chevy HHR Panel Question.... HELP!