Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

"Engine Disabled" & "Eng Pwr Reduced"

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by da_loca
Update... dealership says after doing a full diagnostics check, they found out that the battery had a bad cell. They're waiting for a new one and will clear the DIC messages and hopefully, I will be able to pick up my baby before closing today!

Unfortunately, I don't have towing on my insurance policy, so no chance of getting any moolah back that way. I think I should be reimbursed for any out of pocket expenses, seeing as I was given a new car with a jacked up battery... dontcha think?

da_loca
I would give the Bill to your Dealership and speak to your Salesperson who sold you your vehicle, He should get you your Towing Money Back after all it was thier Battery that costed you and its under warranty from Bumper to bumper and if he says no way then I would call the Region Customer Service office the Number is in your Book in the golve box once you make contact with some one and state your case they will give you a Clame number or something like that, Under no condition should you eat the towing bill. Do not give it to GM or Chevrolet, I really think they will get you your money back.
I just hope you have something in on paper saying that it was a bad cell, That will help you get your money back. This happen to me years ago.
Remember the HHr is a new vehicle and they do not want to get a bad Rap.
Tell them that you are going to put this in the paper if you don't get your Money. Good Luck & please let us know what happens.

Rudy
Old 12-07-2006, 05:18 PM

Hi Z-Man. I mentioned a few replies back that I was reimbursed "half" of my claim. They sent me a check for $60 for the towing overage, but the cabfare of $60 for our passenger friend was not covered, because it was NOT "vehicle related".... *cough cough*
Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 PM

i got lucky i was in a small town and the tow driver halued us all to the dealer...no out of pocket expenses...except it tipped the tow driver 20 bucks for all his help
Old 12-08-2006, 12:34 AM

Well, after towing my car to the dealership, the tow truck driver was nice enough to drop me & hubby off, since it was on his way back. I gave him $20 also, which is alot cheaper than another cab fare!