Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Replacing stock front door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by sking1973
You mean you don't need adaptors for the Pioneer system? I bought a pair for the front doors. I haven't taken it apart yet, but wanted to have them on hand if I needed them when I started the project.

No you don't need the adapters to mount the speakers to the door frame. I just replaced mine less than 1 hr ago, and my Kenwood's bolted right up without issue.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:23 PM

I mounted my pioneers on the oem frames after some skillful carving with a grinder and a pair of sidecutters. If only i had known adapters were available.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:42 PM

Does anyone have some photos of the front door speakers with the interior panel off? I started getting a rattle from the speaker and it drives me nuts. I'm no audiophile, but use the radio as background cover as I drive, so I don't want to spend big $$ for new speakers, nor do I enjoy the hassles of pulling panels off only to discover the speakers need more stuff.

I'm almost ready to drop the car off at a shop and have them do the work.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 AM

Its more likely the interior rattling. I do have pics, Ill look them up..
Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 AM

Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Old Lar
Does anyone have some photos of the front door speakers with the interior panel off? I started getting a rattle from the speaker and it drives me nuts. I'm no audiophile, but use the radio as background cover as I drive, so I don't want to spend big $$ for new speakers, nor do I enjoy the hassles of pulling panels off only to discover the speakers need more stuff.

I'm almost ready to drop the car off at a shop and have them do the work.
More than likely one or more of your speakers are shot. The stock speakers that come with the base systems don't last very long.

I already had some 6.5" speakers from another vehicle, so the only expense I had were the $10 speaker adaptors. Very easy to do once you know how to remove the door panels.
If you want to go cheap, it looks like you can get a pair of 6.5" speakers and the adaptors from Wal-Mart for less than $30.

Next for me is to replace the rear door speakers.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the photos I hate removing panels as stuff never seems to go back on correctly. The speakers just rattles with the base sounds, so as you say the "sub woofer" may be shot.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Old Lar
I hate removing panels as stuff never seems to go back on correctly. The speakers just rattles with the base sounds, so as you say the "sub woofer" may be shot.
I felt the same initially, but with some research here I found that it's not so bad. You just have to know the "what and how" to remove the doors panels properly. Believe me, I'm a detail freak and hate it when stuff doesn't go back the way it was before you start. But I've now had 3 of 4 door panels off, some multiple times. They do go back on fairly easy and look the same as before. When my adapters were delivered, I had both my front speakers completely installed with the doors panels back in place in about 30 minutes.

With that said, you have to be comfortable with doing it yourself. If after finding out how to do it with the right tools and your still not confident, then maybe it's best if you have someone else do it for you.
If your concerned with cost, maybe find a place that will let you bring in your own speakers (don't forget the adapters too!) and have them do the install for you.

Good luck.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 AM

I have the base system, no sub, and I ran the stock speakers hard for over a year on 100w each, no problems.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:26 PM

Both my front door speakers are shot. I looked on crutchfield.com and I am gunna order from them. what speakers ard the best for the money?

Quick Reply: Replacing stock front door speakers