Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Service ESC on the DIC

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 AM

Just dropped the car off at the dealer yesterday. The District Manager met me there and the Service advisor, DM, and Service Manager all went over all the issue I had with them. All the noises and creeks happened while they were there. The headliner proceeded to balloon open with the moonroof open. District Manager looked super annoyed with the Service manager. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Well, its day 7 at the dealer. So far, they have replaced a butt load of parts. They replaced something called an 'intermediate shaft' to fix the clunking in the front end. I guess we'll see what happens next. They still haven't repaired the headliner. They said they were saving that for last.....
Old 11-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Is this dealer JS Chevy in Woodriver or Sund. in Jerseyville?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Banned

You need to tell them that youj have a life to live, and need an HHR now. This is ridiculous. It's obvious to me that they will not find the underlying cause because they are looking in all the wrong places.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:53 PM

Just be glad they didn't void your warranty on the entire vehicle with that subversive, blue backlighting!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:02 PM

I don't have teh blue backlighting anymore. Luckily they discovered it was the moonroof wiring that was bad. They discovered it by putting a new gauge set, and then burning it up too.

I'm not too upset, as I have an HHR rental. I really do miss my HHR though.

As far as which dealer, I'd like to keep that one to myself until I get it back.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:23 PM

So day 10 and no details from the dealer yet again. Tomorrow I will be heading to the dealer to find out what is going on. I'm getting irritated now.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:33 AM

Got the car back today. Picked it up around 3:00pm. The service advisor went out with me and walked me through everything they did. I was getting kind of tired of it, but he was making sure everything was taken care of to my satisfaction.
He couldn't give me a list of what was done because he said it was going to take him a few days to type up.
In short, they replaced two door panels, the headliner (and headliner fabric), all panels in the trunk area, the 60 side of my rear seats, repainted rear bumper, adjusted the front wipers to prevent them from hitting the hood, repainted upper hood, intermediate shaft (driver's side), CV Half shaft (driver side), strut boots (driver and passenger sides), turned front rotors to reduce brake wobble.

No rattles whatsoever. Slight vibration at highway speeds, but great otherwise.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:49 AM

This morning I got "Service ESC" and "Service Traction" messages. Would these occur if brakes are frozen?

Parked in my driveway Monday evening during freezing rain and set the parking brake. A little more ice and several inches of sleet over the next 36 hours. Did not drive Tuesday. This morning (Wednesday), it's about 20 degrees. Got ice off the car, then tried to back out of the driveway.

It took "forever" to back out: quickly made it back about 20 feet then got stuck. Thought it was a combination of the low clearance and the ice. Tried pushing and it wouldn't budge. Dug most of the ice out from under. Finally was able to turn forward into the street. The service messages occurred once I started moving. I believe the ABS light was also on and possibly the traction light. After about 100 yards I decided to go back home. A vehicle was behind me; I stopped and got out. He told me my right rear tire wasn't turning and said the brake was probably frozen, and said not to put on the emergency brake when it's this cold. Turned around and went home.

If it is the brake, is it likely to thaw by itself or is there a way to help un-thaw or get it unstuck? I left the parking brake off when I got home this morning. Any likely damage by trying to back out while stuck and by driving the short distance?

Thanks in advance for any insight. 2010 most basic model.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:21 PM

I would have it towed to dealer and repaired. If the wheel is locked up, it could be because of ice, but I would be worried it didn't break free after driving for a little while.

Quick Reply: Service ESC on the DIC