2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 PM

Bigjacksauto, don't forget that elevation and outside temps also play a part in how much boost you'll see. I've seen variations in the stock GMTU from 15psi to as high as 23-24 psi in mine.

Later
Allex
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 AM

Asanti Thanks for the info.
It sounds like the issue I am having is only on the automatics.
I do realize the boost depends on elevation humidity temperature barometric pressure etc.
2005Hhrauto wrote up a nice page of info a few posts back on that the computer looks for.
My issue was changing boost psi every gewgaws seconds or even minutes so it was not related to weather changes and or elevation.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:49 AM

Talking

Mike the one thing I wish they never put into this car is the boost gauge. I have the opposite problem. In park it reads -20 with AC on -10 in drive anywhere from -20 to -14. I'm stumped cuz the car runs great. I'm really glad I don't have the rpd, I would go nuts watching all that stuff.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Dealer installed it. It us in correct. First time they did forget to grind edge of tmap sensor.
Took it back for that and they also had to heterosexual a hold of tac (tech) to get a different tune
Since the dealer installed vacuum assist pump was not being commanded to come on.
I am pretty confident at this point that the installation was correct and after talking to other tuners it sounds. Like the gm tune is doing what it was written to do.
I am assuming during a hot Fay with bad air which I will see this week the boost will go back up to make up tje difference?
Doubt my dealer can do anything unless they had a chassis dyno to reproduce these issues?
Sounds like you got more than just a tune, there... Maybe some of those "extras" are causing your problems. Of course, I kid...
Old 08-09-2012, 05:03 AM

Ya I hear ya FOOLMOON
My drag/street car has a ton of gauges.
Luckily the car pulls so hard for me that I only respond to a shift light.
The other gauges such as my boost gauge I really have to pull my eyes back to see the boost.
I have used the torque application and my android phone to monitor my Hhr but the lag in time with tje Bluetooth adapter makes it a bit tough.
Think I need a kiwi obd adapter?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 AM

Blue ss WOOPS amazing what the auto spell correct comes up with.

Last edited by bigjacksauto; 08-09-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Mike the one thing I wish they never put into this car is the boost gauge. I have the opposite problem. In park it reads -20 with AC on -10 in drive anywhere from -20 to -14. I'm stumped cuz the car runs great. I'm really glad I don't have the rpd, I would go nuts watching all that stuff.
You might like the RPD better because the boost gauge does not read out negative numbers. Only shows the actual boost as it spools up..
Old 08-09-2012, 05:50 AM

Kiwi adapter isn't cheap, but would solve the lag, i've heard good and bad about the cheapie Bluetooth from Ebay.

Lol about the shift light. I love going to the track, those yellow shift lights just about light up the track when they light.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Kiwi adapter isn't cheap, but would solve the lag, i've heard good and bad about the cheapie Bluetooth from Ebay.

Lol about the shift light. I love going to the track, those yellow shift lights just about light up the track when they light.
Ya those shift lights come in handy and do light up the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihf1fh1-wy0&feature=channel&list=UL

Above is a video (warning not the best quality)of my street car where you can clearly see the shift light through the back window for each gear.
worst run of the day but the chassis twisting is fixed now hopefully.
I agree on the kiwi adapters too they are very expensive.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Here is a little more info with my boost issue I Thought I had figured it out.
I have been talking to James and others about the inconsistent boost issues
I figured I would try the one thing I have not (and someone had suggested)and that was to mat IT quickly another words put it to the floor real quickly. Yesterday I found that When it's in I and you slam it to the floor from a roll it was boosting 23 maybe 24 I would say 95 % of the time. Seems the computer sees it as a "uh this guy needs power" When I was rolling into I am betting once in a while I was flooring it a little quicker and therefore the extra boost.
Of course yesterday it worked over and over so I figured I would try it this morning from a roll (that way I could put this to rest and probably not put it to the floor for weeks since I normally do not beat on the car so to speak)
Of course this morning the air density altitude is down to 1100 and the car from a roll only boosted to like 18.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit